Olivia

I decided to step up my game and take Alex to my favorite restaurant called Pixies. He definitely seemed like he could use a night for fun.

It's a hippie-style joint that only plays 60s/70s music of all genres. There's a dance floor, dining seating, and a bar. On special occasions, they have a live band play.

Peace signs and "love, not war" signs everywhere, kaleidoscope rainbows all throughout. Also the kindest people you'd ever meet work there. The food style is fusion– a mix between Southern soul comfort food but also some classic diner dishes like burgers, fries, chicken fingers, salads, etc.

It wasn't too far from us so we walked only a few blocks. It was a busy Saturday night, the sun only starting to set. The sky was pink with purple clouds, and the golden sun was shining through a sliver of the purplish mush. It felt romantic, and having Alex here next to me felt so natural.

We walked hand in hand, never letting go. Our walking synced easily and it felt like we did this all the time. I could do this all the time, I thought. With him.

When we arrived, we sat in a booth across from each other and ordered our drinks. Despite Alex's father's situation, he doesn't restrain himself from having his own drinks.

"So... Do you like it?"

"It's awesome," he smiled. "Thank you for this."

"You're welcome. I've been dying to see you again, anyway," I reached out to rest my hand on his. It was warm and soft. I'd missed his touch.

"I've missed you, too," he said softly, holding my hand in his.

We ate our dinner– Caribbean jerk-style chicken and some crispy waffles for me; homestyle Gumbo for Alex, who, upon taking a spoonful, he moaned "Fuck", which did funny things to the organ between my legs.

Finishing up our food, we ordered another round of drinks, starting to loosen up even more. Our knees touched under the table, and I swear there were electric currents passing through them. How could touching my knees turn me on so much?

"Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis came on the speakers, and Alex rose to his feet, took a large swig of his drink, then held out his hand to me. "Dance with me," he said, not a question—it was never a question with him. He knew I couldn't resist him.

I drank the last of what I had and met his hand with mine. He was warm still, unlike my nervous, clammy hands. I quickly wiped them to my sides. "Sorry," I told him, as he pulled me to the dance floor. He shook his head from side to side as he pulled me in, giving me a seductive grin.

There wasn't anyone else on the floor, and the chatter of the patrons was still loud. But standing in the middle of the room with him, close up next to his body as he placed his hand on the small of my back to lead me, I heard nobody but us. His breathing, his rapid heartbeat. I glanced up at him in the purple and red lights they had overhead, and he was beautiful.

And I loved him.

I almost said it, but then he twirled me around and grabbed me back close to him quickly. I could feel the bulge poking into my stomach.

"Sorry," he whispered, husky and rough. I shook my head gently, before raising my lips to meet his.

A timid kiss.

I felt the scruff of his facial hair scrape against me gently, and it made me remember how it felt when he went down on me – the hair above his lips that grazed slightly against the inside of my thighs and the bud of my clit. The memory made me flush with warmth, soaking my panties.

The lights above us twinkled and then a spotlight came on both of us as the song ended. We heard clapping in the restaurant and pulled away from each other's lips to notice everyone was watching us.

"Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye came on next, and the space erupted in laughter. A few more people joined us on the dance floor, but he never let me out of his arms. He just held me. I let my head rest against his chest and the sound of his heartbeat soothed me.

"Come home with me tonight," he pleaded.

"Okay," I told him, and after we finished our dance and paid our tab, we left into the cool breeze that awaited us from outside.

Never letting go.