Chapter two: I'm tired and angry, but someone else should be

The voice continues to taunt Lexi she starts crying. She goes to the bathroom , turns on the sink faucet the blood from the knife mixes with the water in the sink. She winces at the sting of the rubbing alcohol on her cuts. She inhales and exhales as she continues cleaning them. She wraps bandages around her hands.

(Alex's POV:)

A man walks in the council building while all the alpha kings have a meeting. "My, my. We have a spy," Alex comments.

The assistant whispers to him," Your majesty, it's Thuja Sillis from Sillis Laboratory. He came all the way from Japan to see you,"

Alex closes his eyes to communicate with the ancestors through his crown. Alex opens his eyes. "We're fine to let him in, but my ancestors and I want to take extra precautions." He looks at his guards. "Guards, please bring Mr. Sillis to my throne room."

The guards come back with Thuja. He bows bows down. "It's pleasure, your majesty." He cues his daughter to say something.

"Oh. Um, hi." Zay greets

"As well with you, Mr. Sillis." "And you are?"

"I'm Cleo."

"Well, nice meeting with you, Cleo," Alex replies with a smile. Zufall jumps on Thuja with his wagging tail.

"Zufall, down, boy."Zufall obeys Alex's command. "Sorry, he's usually very excited when someone comes over which is very rare these days."

Thuja smiles. "I understand. My daughter has a dog at home."

"His name is Ghost," Zay adds.

"Ghost. I have to say that's a lovely name," Alex compliments.

Zay smiles shyly. "Um, thanks."

"Now, what did you want to tell me, Mr. Sillis?" Alex asks.

"Can we go somewhere more private and talk?" Mr. Sillis requests.

"Yeah," Alex says.

"Zay, honey, why don't you explore the high school and make some friends, so it won't be hard when we move here?"

Zay sighs. "Okay."

Alex holds up his pointer finger. "We'll continue this after I'm done." He leads Mr. Sillis to another room Zufall follows them. "Before we start, I need to ask you. Did Jack Wester send you here?" Alex questions.

"What? No. I'm not working for someone I actually want to help the supernatural beings. Although Jack Wester's work was uh, very interesting I would say," Thuja replies.

"Help us? How?"

Thuja pulls out a briefcase and opens it then holds up an injection. "I wanna start by offering  you and your tribe a cure."

Alex growls and his eyes glow red. "Lycanthropy may be a permanent disease, and yes, on the full moon we're the monsters that everyone thinks we are, but I'm not doing it." Zufall growls too.

Thuja calls in his security. Hair starts growing on Alex, he breathes heavily as the familiar pain hits his body. Zufall whimpers as hair starts growing on him. A blond wolf stands before Thuja's eyes and one angry protective dog. "So, you are real." Thuja backs up, the wolf follows him. It yelps when a bullet goes through it then attacks the security. The other kings transform and help Alex and Zufall out. Alex transforms back into a human and tries to regenerate his wound.  Zufall  runs to Alex and helps him clean his wound Alex smiles and pets him. "You're a good dog."

(Zay's POV:)

The lunch bell rings when Zay arrives at the high school. She pushes past the hundreds of kids running to the cafeteria. When Zay goes in the cafeteria she decides to sit at a table all by herself, write her novel on her computer, put her headphones on to listen to music and block all the noises in the cafeteria. A short haired blonde, light blue eyed, slender girl with bags under her eyes. She's in a baggy AC/DC T shirt, red plaid pants,  Dr Martens, also with a lot of earrings and black nails walks in the cafeteria.