Chapter eight: The new beginning (Lexi's POV:)

Lexi turns back to a human, she watches millions of soldiers stampede into Devil Town. She runs into town, the Neighbors are already fighting. Kids are crying as they watch their homes get destroyed and got exploded.

Sometime later:

She notices the dark skinned kid with bleached blonde buzzed hair in messy clothes who's crying. She coughs, waving away the smoke in the house.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Lexi asks.

"M-my dad got killed by a werewolf," Jax says, looking at Lexi with their teary eyes.

"How about you come live with me? I can give you my love and provide you with everything you need and want," Lexi replies.

"I-I don't know, but I do would like to have family and a warm house."

Later:

It starts raining, the fires on the houses are dying down.  Still frightened by their dad's death Jax hasn't fallen asleep they jump at the sound of the washing machine running. They run to Lexi's room and jump in bed beside her. Lexi feels little arms wrap around her arm. Lexi cracks a smile. "It's alright, as long as I am here no one can hurt you," she tells them.

Lexi finds Alex. "So...you can just abandon your daughter after she gets shot multiple times and declare war?"

"I thought you died, but I heard you killed that guy on the news the other day," Alex replies.

"That's it? No  'I missed you or...welcome back'. I knew it all long, you never wanted take care of me."

Lexi turns into a wolf, she drags Alex out, triggering his inner beast. Alex transforms Lexi takes a bite. Alex yells then bites her back.  Alex's breathing isn't normal and Lexi has tore Alex's flesh off his neck.

Lexi pins the opponent to the ground biting and sucking Alex's flesh but then he pushes him off using her back . They both get up, stand their ground, growling, then he pounces on Lexi starting to bite her, but Alex grasps his neck where all the bite marks are.  He  barely could breath he whimpers.

Lexi turns into a half wolf, she puts Alex in a chokehold, she starts sobbing as she watches Alex gasp for air.  She stops. "I did love you, pops. I really did, but you left me to die!" she tries to yell as her voice cracks while she's crying. 

All Alex could say is, "I'm sorry, Lexi, but you're the monster. I tried to save you from your ruined humanity, but you still turned out to be a monster just like the rest of them,"

Lexi tries not to cry anymore, hides it with a pitiful, sad, hysterical laugh. "And you know what? They all are fakes like you. You're just fake, a fake father, Jack's also fake."

Alex gives her  a knife, grabs her arm. Lexi frowns, her sleep deprived red eyes are speaking and telling Alex, "I missed you, I'm sorry."

She shakes her head. Alex gives her one more fatherly hugs as she stabs him in the back.

It's still dark outside and the moon's shining out the window when Lexi wakes up from her dream. She holds her head, the ground's shaking beneath her. Lexi turns to see Jax who's sleeping so soundly, Lexi wobbles as grabs her machine and cord, turns on the machine, hooks the cord to her patch, lastly, she adjusts the dose of Sunsyn. Lexi's red eyes start glowing,  she begins searching for more. She finds a needle of spare Sunsyn and flicks it, injects it. She lets it all kick in, her veins pop out, everything's moving in a faster pace. Lexi starts laughing uncontrollably. The sigils on her arm start bleeding and lightning starts to crackle. After having a laugh fit, laying down just doesn't cut it, but she waits until the sun starts rising and the sky is still dark but with a hint of orange peeking through as it becomes day, fidgeting with both hands. She gets in the shower, brushes her teeth, dries her hair, puts on her clothes.

She goes to the kitchen. She turns on the stove she grabs a pan, pancake mix, a carton of eggs, milk and a pack of bacon. She sprays the pan with some cooking spray, puts the pancake mix the pan and cracks a egg then pours milk she cooks two of three stacks of pancakes. Lexi cooks the bacon and eggs next, she puts salt and pepper on the eggs. She turns off the stove, puts the pan in the sink and puts away the other stuff. She gets out the butter, syrup, orange juice and utensils. She spreads the butter and pours the syrup, pours the orange juice then cuts Jax's food. Lexi puts the butter, syrup and orange juice. She carries the food to the table, she gets a pack of cigarettes, waiting for Jax. Lexi lights a cigarette up. She hears little footsteps walk to the dining room.

"Morning.  How did ya sleep, little one? I hope you're hungry," Lexi greets.

"Morning. Pretty good," Jax gets in a chair, already devouring their food.

Lexi begins eating, but is still fidgety. "I have to run errands for my new job in the human universe. You cool with that?"

"Mhm."

Lexi finds herself still very restless and fidgeting. She puts out her cigarettes, throws away their plates and gets her goggles. It's not without a doubt that people from Devil Town can't miss Lexi, she's almost 6 feet tall with a slender body that some people mistake for anorexia, her red eyes are as bright as shining rubies in the night in a dark museum they're so captivating, she moves wolfishly in every direction, she smells like alcohol, Sunsyn that smells mostly citrusy, cigarettes, fresh blood mixed with oil and metal from robotic parts.

They  meet up in an abandoned warehouse. "Hey boys!" she greets.

"Boss," the Neighbors greet back.

"Today's a very busy day for all of us. I have to get the supply of the Sunsyn from the laboratory down in Baltimore and get parts for an unfinished prototype. I need some of you to go with me getting the Sunsyn supply. The rest of you...hmm..." Lexi pauses. "Make sure the king doesn't come back, and if he does, don't let him destroy our home again."

"Ugh, you're really bringing that burdened child with you, are you?" One of the members comments.

Lexi's red eyes glow bright, she growls then closes her eyes and inhales deeply. "Not. Now."

Lexi, Jax and some Neighbor members go out of the warehouse. Phantom the cadaver dog Lexi has seen when she buried Ehren's body is wandering the streets. "I wanna pet the dog," Jax says. They whistle for him. "Here, boy. Come here."

Lexi starts nervously sweating once she makes eye contact with Phantom who walks over to Jax with a wagging tail then plops down on them. Lexi sits on the curb, takes another breath she lights up another cigarette. The other members take cigarettes too. "What's your name?" Jax reads his name tag. "Phantom..." The black vest is barely seen on his silky long black fur. The front of the vest is bright neon yellow and says Rescue. On the back it says Do not pet I'm a working animal  then under that it has DTPD Cadaver Dog. He has a silver dog chain. He's mostly black,  his legs and eyebrows are white, the bottom of his tail is also white, his brown eyes shine in the sunlight.

The voices come back and crowd Lexi's mind. "You should've killed that dog before they get too attached."

"Well, I'm sorry, I didn't!" Lexi whisper-shouts.

"Ugh, you killed the alpha's dog Zufall, the hybrid that was able to detect and find supernatural beings, but you didn't even kill one weak mortal dog that was helping the police that could've caught you?"

"What do you want me to do about it? You are never happy with me!"

"Kill him."

"No."

Lexi checks the time on her phone. Phantom looks at her, whines, wags his tail, and gives Jax  a stick.

Lexi looks at her daughter playing with the dog with her ruby red eyes beaming in the sun. "Alright, five minutes until we have to go," Lexi tells them.

"Okay." Jax replies.

Lexi calls a personal driver.