Chapter nine: Manifestation

Lexi rolls up her sleeve and the sigils on her arm  make a portal to the human universe. Lexi, Jax and the group of Neighbors members step in. The sigils close the portal, Lexi pulls her sleeve down, a car with blacked out windows pulls up in the empty parking lot. Lexi, Jax, and the Neighbors members get in the SUV.  Jax's looking out the window with their face smushed against it and their hands on the glass. "You never saw this universe, did you?" Lexi asks them.

Jax shakes their head. "Can you show me around where you lived? Please?"

Lexi chuckles. "Of course, I just have to tell ya my town isn't...that very interesting. It's just a small town with a lot of country land."

"I'm sure it's very interesting with all the other supernatural beings like us..." Jax insists. "...or they stay  hidden?"

Lexi just looks at her with beaming blank red eyes. "Right, sorry, rhetorical question," Jax answers.

They finally arrive at the warehouse and get out of the car. Scientists are busy with their hard work manufacturing Sunsyn. The toxins that are mixed with the beneficial effects cloud the air: smells similar to rubbing alcohol. All that is masked up with a strong lemon citrusy smell and taste that tastes like fresh lemonade. The addicts don't care if the drug has toxins, they like that it enhances their abilities, makes them stronger and more immortal, heals any wounds, reduces a transformation, they like the high of everything's at a much faster pace. It's also a pick me up after each Pro-Abilities match.

Lexi sees someone that makes her veins boil. Thuja comes to approach his niece with the child who lost their dad to a werewolf. "L-Lexi?"

Voices crowd Lexi's mind. "Shut up!" she tells them then tells Thuja.  "I'm in no mood for your antics. What do you want?"

Jax hides behind Lexi "Jax, don't watch," Lexi says.

Lexi's eyes glow, she growls, she grabs Thuja by his collar, holding him up against the wall, suffocating him.

"What are you doing working with them?" he asks, looking at the members of the Neighbors she brought.

"Did ya forget I'm demon, too?" Lexi comments. "I'm willing to betray my own royal family to have a criminal underground."

Lexi lets him go and Thuja's catches his breath. Wait! I'm sorry for giving you the seizures by using the tracking! I won't force Zay to put back it in!" Thuja yells, gasping for air. Lexi takes vials of Sunsyn out his pocket.

"What an pathetic apology," Lexi replies before stomping on his face. "Neighbors." The Neighbors nod as they drag Thuja to another room.

Lexi goes to see what the scientists are doing. "You must be the new boss, Lexi Zummer?" a scientist asks.

"Yes, I am," she replies. "You are?"

"Dr. Wilson," he replies, leads Lexi to the room with the Sunsyn. "Boss, we're excited to tell you that we made Sunsyn into a pill form. You now can pop as many as you want, they dissolve in your mouth. You also can crush it, snort it, smoke it."

Lexi grabs a bag out of the hundreds of bags then sits it back down. "Have you tested it?"

"Not yet," Wilson says. "Wanna try?"

"I only can have injections, I have a pump that I do, but thank you." Lexi tells him. "I have the perfect test subject. Dr. Thuja Sillis." She laughs a little.

"But Boss, he's human and humans never have tried Sunsyn."

"I know, let's try it."

"As you wish." Wilson puts pills in a container for Lexi to give Thuja. "I'm just warning you...this may not end well."