Chapter six: A dinner with all the ghosts and the drug addict leads to madness

(Alex's POV:)

Alex walks upstairs to his room to see a gift box that says:

To my beloved owner Alex

Love Zufall

It has a paw print on it too. Inside, Alex picks up Zufall's collar, racing vest and muzzle. Alex feels his collar and tears drop down to the ground. A puppy that looks just like Zufall comes out of the gift box with a paper in its mouth saying: Please keep away from the mean girl

Alex looks at the scruffy looking long haired black and white puppy with his big brown eyes. Alex chuckles sadly. "You do look like him. I miss him," he pets the puppy.  "I know he made you to protect me and love me like he did, but ya know, it's not same as it was."

The puppy whines then lays his head on Alex's lap like he understands that. Alex keeps petting his new dog. "Thank you for having me on your side and being the best dog there ever was," he says to Zufall's ghost who's watching over his owner and son.

Alex looks at his crown and sighs. He holds it and the gems glow. "Welcome back, king," the ancestors say. He walks back downstairs to his throne.

Alex doesn't say anything. "Oh, that's what you want to act? Just moping around about your companion when you have duties as a king to do?" Vladimir comments.

"Vlad, don't be so hard. Give him time to grief if he wants," Zurich replies.

The ancestors stop when they hear Lexi mumbling while she's working in her room. "I-i-I don't understand!  He just appeared after I killed him. He's supposed to be dead. Sunsyn is medicinal, not a drug of immortality, right? I have to be right. I have to be. I never failed, but I did this time!" Lexi stops, she quickly rummages through her stuff, making a lot of noise.

Lexi's POV:

Lexi puts gloves on and gets the container of mercury then gets Alex's pouch of Sunsyn needles and three empty needles. She opens the container of mercury, puts it in the three empty needles and empties out the Sunsyn needles then puts the Sunsyn with the mercury. She puts the needles back in the pouch. Lexi's pump makes a beep alerting that she needs her Sunsyn, she  puts the blueprints and loose robotic parts away in a drawer. She takes her goggles and gloves off and puts the needles away in the pouch. She rummages again to find her little machine, when she finds it, she reads the directions Zay gave her. Lexi hooks the cord up to the little patch on her stomach. She turns the machine on and it adjusts the dose of Sunsyn she needs and it injects the Sunsyn in her. Everything's moving at a fast pace.

Lexi picks up her phone. "I would like to rent the private dining room please."

"At what time?" the event planner says.

"Make the reservation at 6:00."

"Okay, that will be 800 dollars."

Lexi gets her wallet and starts counting her cash. "Can I pay you in cash in person?"

"Sure."

"I'll be right up." Lexi hangs up.

Lexi goes to the place and gives them the money. She calls the neighbors.

"You finally called us," the boss says, he doesn't have his mask on at the moment, his long half up dreads are a little down to his shoulders. His muscular body is dressed in clothes with a trench coat and gloves from head to toe "What are our jobs?"

Lexi  smiles. "Ah, you remembered, excellent, but for now your only job is to help me set a family dinner." "Your people can cook?"

"Yeah?" the boss's voice changes skeptical.