Chapter eleven: Surgery

As Jax pack their bags, they step on something. They brush their shoe off the little note and unfold it, they check that nobody else is around. They go in Lexi's room to grab the spare Sunsyn supplies, but also find themselves snooping around. Huh. Mom almost never brings her phone with her to places. Jax says out loud to themselves. They sit down and go through her phone. They notice she doesn't have any social media accounts, she doesn't have many pictures, her screen is cracked. They skittishly puts the phone back and goes out of her room. "Ready?" V asks them.

"I would like to visit someone, but first we need to go to

The others leave, Jack smiles evilly. "Brings back any old memories?"

Lexi scoffs. "What memories? You gave me to pops and Ben, you were taken to prison and...died there. I was 5 years old."

"Dear, do you remember anything from those 5 years?" Jack asks.

"Like I would tell you," she replies. 

Jack flicks a needle, Lexi's ruby red eyes widen with dilated pupils as she sees the liquid. "What's with you and that witch?"

"Stop trying to make me talk!" Lexi's eyes glow.

Jack exhales with his hands up. "Okay. Stay still, it's just a pinch."

Lexi gets on the examination table, Jack injects the liquid, giving her fatherly physical affection as she slowly becomes unconscious.

(Jack's POV:)

Jack stops, staring at her daughter,  the ghosts of his old dog, and his sons. He realizes he's a ghost too. Danla leans against the wall with his arms crossed. "You're making a big mistake like all those years ago. She's already very f###### up, you'll just f#### her up even more," he comments.

"I'm saving her. I saved you too, you delusional piece of shit!" Jack yells.

Zufall whimpers, tucks his ears and tail.

Danla growls, but calms down and lets Jack to get to work.  "I-I can help."

Jack stares at him. "Oh please, you just do corpses."

"Trust me, dad." Danla insists.

Jack sighs. "Alright." He puts a mask and a pair of gloves on.

"Her wounds are severe and her patch is ruined. Whoever did an emergency surgery on her before put her in a very tough "life and death" situation, she needs Sunsyn to survive. However, in order to clean and fix the wounds you will need to remove the patch," Danla instructs Jack. "Give her Sunsyn in an IV while you are operating. I studied the supernatural medicinal field with witches."

Jack takes Lexi's shirt off to get to her wounds and gets a fresh IV bag of Sunsyn, he injects anesthesia. Jack notices her veins right away, they're bulging out, already used to needles, but she also uses her hands a lot more purposes than ODing on Sunsyn (brutal murders). Jack takes the Sunsyn patch off, cleans Lexi's cold hand. As much as physical activity she does and as much as blood circulation she gets, her hands are still cold, brutal, an unsettling touch even to Jack as he sticks the needle in her skin. He feels goosebumps rush throughout his body for a hot second. He puts tape on her hand. Jack gets his medical tools and gets a surgical knife.

"Calm, cool, steady hands when taking a cut," Danla reminds him.

"I know, corpse boy.  I think you forgot I did these things to you and the other clones over the years," Jack replies.

"Okay, you do you then. It won't be my fault if she dies though."

Jack just inhales, ignoring his son's comment. Howard comes in the room. "Need this?" He holds the tracker that was in Lexi before. "Her tracker? How? That girl had it," Jack replies. He hesitates. "No, I shouldn't put it in. She said Lexi almost died of it."