Chapter thirteen: The beginning of an end of an era

Lexi calls Phantom down to the basement. "C'mon, boy. Come here. Come here." When he obeys her, she praises him, "Good boy. Good boy,"

Thuja grumbles as he sees the dog. Lexi flicks the Lycanthronol and pets him. "It won't hurt him, just a little pinch. I get needles in me all the time." She injects it into Phantom. He whimpers, his dog teeth fall out. Hair grows on him, but he doesn't have a full transformation. Lexi finds all the possible contacts Danla has including his old social media accounts.

A little later...

(Danla's POV:)

Lexi walks towards him. "You were a high paid forensic scientist right?"

Danla's blue eyes focused on  how the blonde walked  very slowly with her cane as she walked in. It's almost like if she was elderly. "You want me to do your dirty work now, eh?" Danla comments.

Lexi chuckles and politely hands him a roll of money. "Please consider it...besides you managed to go under radar all these years because you covered your own tracks in the name of forensics. Am I right, Danla?"

Danla swallows hard, with hesitation, he says, "Yes, you're correct, but I believe I got a little rusty,"

"Then prove to me you still got it." Lexi's tone becomes more aggressive.

"Yes, ma'am," he answers with nervousness. They start walking to Lexi's apartment. "Do I start today?"

"Depends on whenever I need you," Lexi tells him.

"Really?"

Lexi makes a little innocent noise and says, "Really, really, really," her tone is playful and Danla's eyes glow red, his nervousness turns into instant annoyance.

As soon as Danla returns to his son's house, Alex yells, "You did what!?" One eye glows red and his one yellow Sunsyn mutated eye glows brighter. Hair grows on Alex, he breathes quickly as he injects a dose of Sunsyn into his yellow eye. A yellow tear comes out and Alex wipes it. The greyhound puppy clone whimpers.

Danla frowns. "I was afraid you would say something like that." Then he pulls out a 'Lexi' card. "You're not being a better job at being a father than I was, either."

Alex growls. "My daughter is...a lost cause, she's too far gone. You should know better than anyone, an experiment of Jack."

"Don't remind me!" Danla replies. "Dad—Jack wants Lexi and some other girl's DNA for a new being."

"Who's the other person?" Alex's two different colored eyes change in confusion and curiosity.

"Some cop from Devil Town, she was apparently hired to kill Lexi, but—" Danla chuckles. "She failed her mission."

"Any idea of her name?"

Danla shakes his head.

Alex rises from his throne with his puppy following him. He looks down at Zufall's clone. "No, stay with Big Guy, bud," he tells the puppy. He pets his head, the young greyhound whines. "I know you're worried about me, but no matter what happens, I'll be here with you, my Zufall. I can't afford to lose you again, never ever again."

The puppy licks Alex's face, Alex looks at Danla. "Can you protect him for me? You probably will protect you more than you need to protect him."

Danla smiles, petting the greyhound. "I can do that. Be careful."

Alex opens a portal to Devil Town and steps in.

(Lexi's POV:)

When Alex shows up in her apartment. Lexi finds Alex. "So...you can just abandon your daughter after she kills hundreds of people over and over...don't forget to mention that she gets shot multiple times by the previous crime lord?"