Chapter 3. Too fast

The loud obnoxious iPhone alarm blared through your room, you groaned as you rolled over pressing the 'stop' button on your screen. You laid back against your bed with your face aimlessly staring at the ceiling. You fell into deep thought about everything, the missing missiles, 141, how Reggie would handle things, how you got reeled into this, what could happen, if you'd die. Endless thoughts corroded your head. You exhaled sharply as you groggily sat up in your bed with your shoulders slumped tiredly. A sudden rapid knock startled the fuck out of you nearly feeling your limbs fleeing in fear.

"Jesus Christ! Way to give me a heart attack." You grumbled swinging your feet off the edge of the bed standing yourself up, heading to the door. You grabbed the knob turning it to open the door. Only to reveal Soap who was smiling awkwardly.  "You wake the whole neighborhood with your knock?" You retorted cocking your head to the side with your tired eyes staring at him.

"I just wanted to make sure you're up. Price has you working on hand to hand combat with Ghost this morning." He spoke, his voice low. You froze at the name. Ghost. The same man that argued your existence in the mission. Who seems more upset about it than anyone else. You dropped your shoulders and threw your head back slightly in annoyance.  "Ahhh you'll manage, he shouldn't be too hard on you. " he shyly smiled

"Ughhh yeah he seemed real fond of me yesterday." You groaned turned around to face your room heading to the draws full of your freshly unpacked clothes.

"He'll grow on ye and vice versa. Don't push your self too hard alright?" He chuckled before he turned disappearing from your doorway. You walked towards the door closing it so you could change. Once dressed you stood in front of the mirror staring at yourself. Almost as if you were hyping yourself up to leave the room. You exhaled deeply before walking out of the bathroom and towards your door. You exited your room where you stood just outside your door.

"I ain't got all day." You suddenly heard a deep accent echo the hall. Your eyes turned to see Ghost who was standing across the hall.

"Yeah shit sorry." You huffed walking towards the tall man. You tried to keep your eyes in the floor as you approached in fear he'd find a reason to nag you for. A few minutes of some turns and going through some gates, You both entered the empty field. "Show me what you know and I'll let you know if it's piss poor or not." He huffed stopping his pace and turning to face you. His eyes staring you impatiently waiting for you to take a jab. You hesitated before you brought your right arm around swinging it to aim for an angled hit to the jaw. Right before your fist was destined to collide with Ghost's jaw, his arm came flying up to block it and his right leg flew behind your left leg hooking it which caused your knee to buckle. He pushed you backwards and you landed onto the ground with a hard thud, the wind slightly getting swept from your lungs. You added no commentary as you helped yourself up.

"Again." He grumbled

You took a deep breathe before readying yourself. Instead of going for an uppercut, you decided to go straight for the gab and then halfway through changing course to try and throw him off. Which he reacted too quickly and you somehow landed on the ground once more. An hour passed by and you were in no way capable of hitting Ghost. Never once making contact with him.

"You're too predictable. You go out there in this mission, you'll be the first one to drop dead." He spoke with no emotion to his voice

"This is why we have guns, no?" You spoke smartly as you leaned back against your hands on the ground after making no attempts to get up after Ghost had caused you to plummet again.

"You cannot rely on guns for your entire safety. What happens if you lose it? Or it's taken from your grasp? You've got to be ready." Ghost hummed, his words annoyed.

"I won't stand a chance against a motherfucker with a gun-" you spoke bit he quickly cut you off.

"That's. Not the point." He spat. "Get up. We're going again." A bit taken back by his attitude change, you quickly pulled yourself up and readied your stance. After another 30-45 min, ghost stepped back dropping his hands defeated. "Enough. We've gotten absolutely no where."

"We've got 3 months? I'll get the hang of it eventually." You protested.

"We don't have 3 months y/n." He spoke your name so coldly. "If we wait 3 months, we'll be blown to bits by your own missiles." He snapped quickly after your comment.

"Okay" you answered quietly not wanted to poke the bear. "Tomorrow. You'll help me again. Regardless if Price asks. You say I'm not ready, then help me get ready. Get past the fact my existence pisses you off and help me." You spoke with your hands at your sides fingers clenching softly into your palm. A scoff ruptured from his throat and you furrowed your brows at his unexpectedly response. "Alright mask boy. What's your fucking problem-"

"It's Lieutenant to you." He snapped raising his voice, accent thinking.

"Alright lieutenant. What is your fucking problem? I just arrived yesterday and you already seem to have this grudge against me. So what is it? Please enlighten me." You spat feeling the anger bubble up through your body.

"There's no reason for you to go on this mission. You will only get in our way." He argued crossing his arms.

"Hello, missile specialist here? Hi yes that's me. Those are my missile that I put together that got taken. I am the ONLY one who can identify them if they've been rebranded." You started but he cut you off once more.

"You can do all that from a camera screen." He retorted.

"Cameras never give us the real visual. That's where the mistakes could happen." You quickly thought to speak.

"This is a waste of my time. Tomorrow, 6am." Was the last thing ghost said before he brushed passed you heading back inside. You shook your head at what had just happened. Working with this guy was just gonna be peachy.