Chapter 26. Reunited

Your hands placed themselves gently on each sides of his mask where hypothetically his cheeks would be, your eyes fell locked onto his. Seeing the hurt he went through overwhelm his eyes. His eyes glossed over bit indicating his body wanted to break down but not a single tear striped from his eyelids. You could see he had never been open like this with someone. Or anyone at this matter.

He confided in you and for him to do that, he had to bring up the past that will forever haunt him. He never talked about so there was really no way for him to break over it.

"I'm here too." Your soft voice pierced through your lips. "I'm not going anywhere."

A shaky breath exhaled through his mask as in a way of relief. He wasn't expecting those words but to hear them, it was enough. He said nothing while his eyes locked onto you for what seemed like forever. If he wanted to just be there, in that bed with you, you were in no way too to protest.

"I know this is hard for you to do and I don't want you to feel pressured in any way to tell me anything. Unless you are ready to." You spoke, in a comforting tone. "You have done more for me than anyone else in my life has. So thank you." Again he responded with nothing while he was lost in a daze on you.

A crackling from one of the walkie talkies echoed your silent filled room. Both of your heads snapped to the side to hear Farah's voice echo through it.

"Ghost, L/n, do you copy?"

You leaned forward, breaking your hands from his mask to grab the walkie talkie to hand to Ghost.

"Here." Ghost replied.

"Captain Price and Soap are here, send them your way?" Farah asked through the speaker. Ghosts eyes looked at you and you nodded your head fast.

"Affirmative" ghost replied. You nearly hopped up from your seat on the edge bolting to the door. Before you could do so, ghost grabbed your wrist softly tugging you to wait for him. You turned your head and his eyes were locked onto you while he stood up from his seat. You then trailed behind him with your hand and his, now loosely intertwined.

Just as the two of you reached the door, a knock collided on the wood and ghost opened it swiftly. Your eyes caught sight of soap in front and Price in the back. A smile was on your face as you wrapped your arms around Soap relieved he was okay.

"Good to see you in one piece, Johnny." Ghost spoke once the door has been opened fully. "Captain." He acknowledged. A soft chuckle escaped Soap's throat as he returned the hug.

"You can't get rid of me that easily!" He spoke as you parted from the hug, stepping aside to let them in.

"Captain, glad to see you're both okay." You smiled as Soap walked past you inside.

"It's good to see you two made it safely as well. Price sent a small smiled as he grabbed his bag walking inside. Ghost closed the door behind them and you both turned to face them in the living room.

"What happened?" You asked hesitantly while you crossed your arms realizing you didn't have a bra on.

"Fuckin fought tooth and nail to send them to the other side of the base long enough for you two to make a break for it. It didn't take long for them to call us on our bluff." Soap spoke turning his attention between you and Ghost.

"They brought us into custody but Laswell had us out within 6 hours" Price added

"Fuck. I'm so sorry Captain. I didn't mean for you guys to have to go through this trouble-"

"Don't L/n. You are one of us. We've got your back until the end. And that's that." Price cut you off.

"So what's the plan now?" Ghost asked

"We bloody wait them out. As long as we can, Laswell intends to make a trip out here within the next few days if and when she has a plan. Until then we are off the radar. No one knows where we are besides Laswell herself." Price spoke sitting himself on the couch.

"Okay." You nodded not trying to push any more questions onto them. Knowing they had a long past 24 hours.

"There's a bed in the other room that turns into two separate beds, it's ready for you both." You spoke turning to glance at Ghost and then back at them.

"Perfect." Soap smiled lightly.

—————

Your eyes fluttered open to see the sun peering into your window. Your eyes quickly fluctuated down to the figure laying next to you in bed. It was ghost. A smile crept on the corner of your lips as you slowly helped yourself to sit up in bed. You did everything in your power to not throw yourself at him and cuddle him senseless. He looked so peaceful, his rhythmic breathing and his tired eyes finally closed.

You slowly got up from the bed making your way to the bathroom to shower. You turned the knob of the shower letting it heat up while you strip yourself of your bed clothes. You placed yourself in the shower.

You finished the shower, got dressed and slipped out of the room, closing the door so slightly doing everything to not wake him up.

You entered the small kitchen browsing the cabinets, you opened the small powered fridge to see some eggs in the fridge. You thought you'd make some breakfast for the guys. You scrambled through the small kitchen to find a small pan to place on the stove.

"Whatcha cookin?" A familiar Scottish voice echoed behind you causing you to jump slightly.

"Hey! You scared the fuck out of me. Eggs and then toast because that's all I can find." You smiled cracking open some eggs into a mixing bowl.

"Where's the big man?" Soap asked scanning the room.

"Sleeping."

"Sleeping? Haha good one smalls." Soap chucked.

"No I'm being serious." You responded turning you head to look at him.

"What did you do? Did you drug him?"

"Jesus Soap, no!" You breathed a chuckle. "He's sleeping on his own"

"Simon doesn't sleep." He retorted raising a brow as he sat himself on the countertop.

"He does now" you smiled mixing the eggs.

"You know, I'm glad he has you." Soap smiled leaning his head against the cabinet. "After what he's been through, he deserved to have some sort of light in his life."

"I'm glad to have him too." You smiled just at the thought of it all.