Chapter 50. Almost

(And another one! There will be 2-3 more chapters until this story ends😢 I love y'all so so much for reading this.
Also, spelling errors? Bitch where?🫣)

Without even thinking, you scrambling from your propped up position, dragging yourself towards the soldiers voice. Your eyes squinting through the once again still setting dust.

Your leg was throbbing, almost to a point where you couldn't feel it. Nothing more than the blood now turning cold on your clothes.

"Y/n Stop!" You heard soap try to call out, with what little strength in his voice that he could. Then Price chimed in louder.

"Y/n YOU NEED TO STOP!" He basically screamed out. "Right now! That's an order." He tried to be stern. You chose not to listen, though you knew exactly why he was telling you to stop.

"No no- no no no!" You started to mumble when you drug yourself closer, to see Simon. Buried under some rubble. You pushed past the soldier, nearly knocking him out of the way to hover over Simon. You felt to the ground, wincing from the sudden drop. Your hands found his face, while your eyes scanned for any sort of life.

"Simon? Wake up." You mumbled softly bringing your hands to place themselves on his cheeks. "I'm here baby. You're okay, it's gonna be okay." You spoke feeling yourself start to choke up. Your vision started to blur from tears but also the lack of blood that exited your body.

You were pale, your skin losing its color. Your wound was a lot deeper than you led it on to be. But you didn't care about you right now, all you cared about was making sure he was okay. He was alive.

"You gotta show me you're okay, Simon. You need to be okay, please. Wake the fuck up." You spoke slowly. And it was like an instant, his eye lids fluttered open slowly. Like it hurt to do so. His pupils dilated and then shrunk as they attempted to adjust to the small amount of light the night gave. He looked confused until his eyes fell on you.

It was like a heavy set of relief, a weight off your shoulders see his eyes open. God you were so scared. You couldn't lose him.

"Oh my god" you huffed, feeling the tears fall straight down your cheeks when his eyes focused on you. "I'm here..." you spoke weakly, caressing his cheek softly.

Price knelt next to you, almost giving you a look of quick anger for not following an order. His eyes turning to see Simon.

A blade of sirens appeared in the distance and they started to near. Closer and closer. You couldn't pinpoint where everything was anymore. You felt heavy, your vision blurred, and your body felt light. You felt yourself fall backwards and price catch you before you head hit the ground. Voices filled your ears until you fell unconscious.

—————-

You woke up again, this time in the brightest room you ever fucking woke up in. It was white. Everything was white. It was a hospital room. There was the sound of beeping machines, you felt tape around your arms, where IVs were inserted. The thin hospital blanket covering your waist and below. A white and blue hospital gown dressed your body.

You grabbed the blanket and tossed it to the side to look at your leg. It was wrapped in fresh white bandages. It throbbed lightly but there was no pain. You must've been on pain killers. Your eyes scanned the quiet room to see someone in the chair in the farther corner of the room, next to the window. They were staring out of it. Yet your brain had not yet registered who.

"How long was I out?" You mumbled softly, feeling your throat scratch from the dry itchiness. The person in the chair turned and your brain registered. It was Ghost. He wasn't wearing his mask? "Simon?...." You choked out, feeling your eyes fill up with tears again. He stood up from the chair and approached your bed, planting himself onto the edge.

"It's been 3 days..." his accent soft, his Brown eyes staring at you, his hand reaching up to grab yours that hung by your side.

"Soap?" You asked squeezing his hand lightly.

"He's in his own room. His right lung was punctured from his broken ribs. He moved any more, he could've poked his other. He's okay" Simon spoke softly once more.

His eye bags shown tremendously like he hadn't slept in days. Worse than usual.

"Are you...okay?..." you asked, turning your head to get a better look at his bare face. It was stitched and taped in some parts, bruised and battered but it all looked in tact.

"Just spiffy." He joked dryly, rubbing his thumb across your hand. "Just a concussion, nothing major."

"Nothing major?" You raised a brow, tilting your head. "That is major, Simon." You exhaled softly.

"Soap and Price have been worried sick about you. But when YOURE ready, I will let them know you're okay and they can come see you." He nodded his head softly.

It all started to flood your head. What had happened. What you failed to do.

"Im sorry...." You trailed off, turning your eyes to the ceiling to keep yourself from crying. "I couldn't stop it, I couldn't stop you guys from getting hurt, I-"

"Enough" he spoke, giving your hand another squeeze. "Fuck everyone else, you're okay and so is Johnny. That. Is all. That. Matters to me. To Price. To Laswell."

You closed your eyelids to take a few breaths to calm yourself down. You turned your head to the side to look at Simon once more. Your eyes scanning his features carefully.

"Your mask?"

A scoff came from his lips.

"I'm permitted to not wear it why these heal." He spoke pointing to all his stitches and glued lacerations. "They're scared it's going to irritate them while it heals and cause an infection."

A soft chuckle escaped your lips.

"Fucking gross.." you breathed another chuckle. "Clean your mask, nasty ass." You retorted. A smile crept up the corner of his lips but he did everything he could to hide it.

"I do clean it." He shot back.

"It's not a crime to let your face breath, you know?" You spoke softly, slowly propping yourself up.

"I know." He answer, not even choosing to retaliate. "I'm following the orders."

The room fell silent for a few moments. Like you were both contemplating what to say next. Like there was something that needed to be said but neither of you were wanting to be the first one to say it. His head dropped to his lap, his eyes hidden from your sight.

"I shouldn't have let you go in there alone. I could've lost you." His voice broke lightly. If you didn't know him so well, you wouldn't have noticed it.

"It's okay, Simon. It's not your fault. You couldn't have prevented it. Soap pulled me away before I could do so. But I wouldn't have had enough time either way..." you spoke towards him.

"I couldn't bare the thought of you losing you." He added.

"And you didn't-"

"But I almost did. I don't know what I would've done—" you cut him off by placing your other hand softly against his cheek. Your thumb rubbing it softly.

"I'm here, you're here. It's okay." You smiled weakly. His hand gripped yourself tightly, afraid to let go.

"I love you." Simon suddenly spoke out, his face lifting to greet your expression.

"You what?" You asked, your eyes wide at the unexpected words that slipped out his mouth.

"You heard me." He smirked softly.

"Say it again. I liked it when you said it" you smiled widely. He scoffed and shook his head.

"I love you, y/n."