Chapter 6. 7 minutes

As the four of you put the miles on the boots, the more admit ghost was on ensuring everyone would follow the plan he had in tow. Every time he's go over what he just said, he made sure to look at you as if the point he was going for was to get through to you. You started to tune him out half way through because you got it the first 8 times. Don't fuck up. Easy right? You'd hope so. When the fence line of the base started to come into vision, Soap and Gaz hung back reminding you they were only a com call away. You and ghost continued closer eventually came into range where you both had to crouch within the tall Grass to stay hidden.

"Stay low" ghost reminded you, his voice low. Almost to a grumble. You slight rolled your eyes but complied sinking lower into the grass. Ghost pulled out his sniper and looked through the scope. Within seconds, ghost nudged you almost knocking you over.

"Jesus what?" you hisses quietly. He said nothing but handed you the sniper motioning to look through the scope. You held the gun firmly eye through the scope towards the base ahead. Russian soldiers were scattered like a herd of cattle. But in the mix of it all, sat a dark blue shipping container.

"You see it or do I need to navigate you to it?" Ghost spoke low.

"I found it." You barked removing your eye from the scope shoving the gun back into his possession. "So what? We're gonna go tango with like a dozen Russian soldiers?"

"Did you listen to anything we talked about on the way here?" Ghost growled in annoyance.

"Partially.....no." You admitted shrugging your shoulders. He groaned letting out a deep sigh before turning to look at you.

"Alright brick wall, are you listening?" He asked raising a brow.

"Oh my fuck, yes. Get in with it" you hissed back still trying to keep your voice at a minimum.

"Gaz and Soap are waiting for the signal to start picking them off as they stray apart. That's when we, you and I start to push in quickly. The quicker we get in there and figure out if it's our cargo, the faster we can get out of there. So I need you to tell me you heard exactly what I just said."

'Yes I'm not deaf. May be dumb but not deaf." You nodded your head before turning your attention to the far distance. "What signal are they waiting for?"

"Through the coms." Ghost remarked making it seem like your question was idiotic. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah yes yes sure. Yes." You concluded taking a deep breathe readying your stance. Ghost leaned towards his com radio and pressed the button.

"All clear, start clearing them out." Ghost finished readying himself to start moving once they heard the first shot. "After the first shot is fired, we've got approximately 7 minutes until back up arrives so we need to get in there fast." A single fire flew above both you and ghost quickly towards the base. A distant thud filled the open air and shouts starts to erupt after. "Now!" Ghost yelled slightly as you both eases your way forward listening to the now periodic gunfire travel passed you. Your heart was beating fats and your legs were just moving without your brain telling them to. You were destined to prove yourself to this man who didn't know you enough to judge you.

You both skidded to a stop at the fence line where a hole was recently dug underneath. Ghost slid through and you followed quickly. You carried your steps gently in hopes to keep the noise of you to a minimum.

"Cleared out, timer start. 7 minutes. Good luck." Soap spoke up form the coms initiating now was the time to pick up speed. You followed quickly behind Ghost until the large shipping container flooded your view.

"Help me open this." You spoke quietly and frantic. With the both of you on the heavy metal door, you manage to prop it open enough for you to slide inside. You pulled out your flashlight from your belt quickly turning it on to look around the nearly black inside. Your eyes scanned large wooden boxes from all shapes but the ones that caught your eye were the ones that's were 4 feet wide, 7 feet long. You approached the crate prying open the top, holding the flashlight end with your teeth so you had both hands free to work. Your eyes narrowed through the flash light rays as you scanned the objects inside. They were in fact missiles.

"T minus 2 minutes until back up arrives, you two need to get out of there now!" Gaz's voice startled you out of your trance. You scanned over the missile countless times but nothing look familiar. Definitely not US weaponry. You slid the lid back on the box turning to exit the crate. Ghost was standing there waiting to close the door the minute you hopped out. Doing so, he turned to face you eager to know the answer. You shook your head defeatedly before turning to bolt back to the hole under the fence.

Just before you slid completely under the fence, a bullet came whistling right where you leg had just slipped through. You gasped and your eyes widened to see a stunned ghost. He wait a few seconds before bolting under the fence and onto the other side. Frantic, you grabbed him trying to pull him through. Once he gathered his feet under him, he grabbed your arm basically dragging you through the tall grass. You did everything you could to keep up but he was one step ahead of you.

"Talk to me." Gaz voiced worriedly. "We heard gunfire, what is your status?"

"Ghost, l/n. What is your status? Come in?" Soap's voice followed directly after. it's not like you both could just stop mid chase to respond. You had to both get to a safe spot before updating them.

Shouts echoed behind the both of you and bullets continued to flight near you. Ghost still had a tight grip on your arm, almost like he was afraid to let go and have you follow freely.

"What is going on down there-" you heard Soap's voice but quickly Daz's voice picked up form Soap's com. "I see them! Right there. We've got your back guys, keep at it until you reach the tree line!"

No words were exchanged between you and ghost, both of you were running like your life depended on it.

After what felt like hour and hours of running, ghost halted to a stop causing you to near bump into him. Your legs crumbled under you as they burned from the sudden marathon you just ran. Your chest heaved as you tried to calm your body. Ghost placed his hand in his knees trying to steady his breathe. Though it wasn't nearly as sporadic as yours was.

"How we doing?" Gaz suddenly spoke in person with soap by his side approaching you two.

"Oh just peachy." You huffed

"Yes or no?" Soap pried kneeling in front of you handing you a flask of water. You shook your head quickly taking a swig.

"Nope."