Chapter 44. I don't hate you

(The books coming to an end here in a few chapters and im Lowkey sad about it😭 but I love y'all sm for reading)

You sped your pace to Ghosts door, quickly bending your elbow to knock quickly on his door. Your eyes scanned both ways of the hallway only to see soap quickly approach your side.

"You could've Fuckin waited for me." He huffed taking his key card and opening the door. To see ghost approaching it. He stopped in his tracks glancing at you and then soap. And then back at you.

"You're an idiot." You hissed pushing past soap to enter the room standing right in front of Ghost. "You may have escaped those foreigners last night but now they know where I stay. Did you even stop to think about that last night or were you too caught up in the fact that you though you could get into my pants?" You added, tilting your head up to look directly into his dark eyes.

"What the bloody hell are you going on about? no?" Ghost respond almost Immediately.

"One of those fuckers show up at my door this morning pretending to be room service or the cleaning lady, or man? I don't know but he were very persistent on trying to force himself into my room to possibly murder me. If it weren't for soap, god knows what could've happened." You dropped your shoulders before you turned around to send Soap a short glance.

"He was already halfway through the doorway." soap chimed in.

"You we're so keen on the idea that I was going to fuck up this mission because of what you did to me but you fucked up. You gave us away. Not only do they know we're here now, they know where I'm staying. The singular female soldier." You retorted taking a step back but not breaking your eyes from ghost.

"Use this to your advantage." Ghost broke the eery silence, his raspy Britain accent wrapping around you. "This is your chance to get in, find out where the fuck the missile is. So we can close off this mission."

"Are you kidding me?" You furrowed your brows.

"Ghost, I don't think that's the best idea. We're sup-" soap started but Ghosts voice overpowered his.

"Johnny I know but what other option do we have now?"

"Hello? It's the fact they're gonna be into me now bc you went into my room, they showed up at my room. So if I go missing or end up dead, it'll be on you." You spoke, venom pouring out of your mouth. You turned and walked up to soap. "Let's get this going." You spoke indicating you were ready to scout the first floor with him. 

And so you did. You and soap spent 90% of the day scouting the first floor, pin pointing every single one of Ghorbani's men scattered in the casino, pool and buffet. But you didn't once see the man who showed up at your hotel room this morning.

Evening rolled around and Soap walked you back to your room after you both ate at the buffet.

"You sure you'll be okay?" Soap pushed as you unlocked the door with your key card.

"Yes, I've got my pistol under my pillow if I need to use it." You spoke opening the door, turning around to look at him. A worried expression on his face. "We can play iMessage games so you know I'm okay, how does that sound? Pool?"

"Okay fine." He caved in "goodnight y/n. You're not allowed to die on me."

"Alright alright, goodnight Soap" you called out before you walked into the room, closing the door behind you, instantly locking it. You turned back around and a light flicked on. You nearly jumped out of your skin. Your eyes fell onto Ghost sitting in the recliner that accented the large window. "Can I help you?"

"You're not staying here alone tonight." He spoke.

"I'm not caving into your shit-"

"I'm the reason they know where you are, so I'm not leaving you alone tonight." He ordered. "I don't mean sleeping with you."

"I'm not asking you to"

"Okay but I'm going to, wether you like it or not."

"Oh goody, to be stuck in a room with you all night. Yay!" You said sarcastically.

"Look, I'm sorry about last night. I was out of line. I shouldn't have done what I did and I'm sorry. I'm just-" he exhaled leaning forward on his knees, his fingers loosely intertwined. "I'm a fucking idiot...to finally have something good in my life and for me just to throw it away..."

"It's alright, it's whatever. I get it, Simon. That's what you do, it's your job, your life. It's all you know. Sure I'm fucked up from it, but I understand it." You huffed walking over to the bed, placing your jacket on the end before you threw yourself onto it.

"No y/n, it's not alright. Yeah it's my job but it doesn't give me the right to be a walking brick wall, to throw away my emotions and hurt you in the process." He spoke lowly, his eyes lifting up to watch you lay on the bed. In which you said nothing, letting your eyes wander the ceiling.

"Y/n say something." He spoke again.

"I appreciate that you apologized...." You exhaled lifting your upper half to prop yourself up with your hands to look at him "I really do but I can't just forgive you so easily. I want to but you have to understand what you did to me and why it's gonna take me a bit....you're going to have to show me rather than just spew words in my face and expect me to believe them."

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"I will do what I can. Make it up to you, prove it to you. Whatever the hell I have to do." He exhaled sharply. "Because this whole 'I hate you' act that you're giving me absolutely wrecks me. I'm okay with people hating me, whatever. But when it's coming from you, it's god awful."

"I don't hate you, I wanted to but I physically can't. Sure I want you to break a leg or get hit in the balls, little pain but I don't hate you. But I thought it'd be better for me to try and push you away and distance myself to make it easier to move on."

"I don't want that."

"What do you-"

Before you could finish your question to Simon, a knock at your door interrupted you. You whirled your head to look at the door and then back at ghost, who slowly started to stand up.