Chapter 40. Dish Soap

(MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE EVE❤️)

"It's like I'm talking to a brick wall." You retorted, shaking your head in disbelief.

"Have I gotten my point across?" He suddenly spoke breaking the silence that rounded the room. Your head snapped directly to face him, you were fuming. How could he be so-

"Yeah, yep. Loud and clear now leave." The words piling out of your mouth, venom filling each word.

"Good." He huffed, standing up from the chair, giving you one last longing stare before he turned his wide body around, exiting the room. The door closing behind him, leaving you to drown in your thoughts. You scoffed shaking your head once more. He walked in here just to make sure you both didn't 'compromise' the mission because of the past. He didn't come see you to check on you.

"Prick." You cursed under your breathe

What baffled you the most was, that Price knew. He was the one that sent him out there to begin with. Honestly it didn't matter anymore, it was done, it happened and things have changed. Maybe for the better? You couldn't tell.

———

You spent the rest of the evening inside the shop, tinkering and toying with some dummy missiles you made before you built the actual one that you successfully tested today. You sat on a stool, hovering over a metal table. On that table was a dismembered dummy missile, the wires and panel were exposed. Sprawled put on the table, easily for you to examine.

Your phone sat on the table a foot or two away from your focus, you had Spotify open playing your favorite playlist. It was one that helped you relax and focus, putting your best efforts into the work. You were so focused in the wires and the music filling the large shop, you neglected the fact the door clicked open and close. A hand placed on your shoulder and you nearly brought up your wire cutters to the persons eye. You refrained when your eyes met Soap.

"What's up with everyone scaring the absolute shit out of me, god damn" you huffed taking a deep breathe while you set down your tools, whirling on the stool to face soap. He still had his hands up in defense and his eyes wide. "Sorry, but you can't sneak up on me like that!"

"I knocked!"

"And I obviously didn't hear it or you come in!" You argued crossing your arms.

"So I'm nosey..."

"Oh for fuck sake" you threw your head back knowing exactly what he wanted to know. "Yes he came by. Punched him too. He deserved it. But that's it. We got no where in the conversation besides the fact he doesn't want to compromise the upcoming mission." You growled, hearing his words playback in your head.

"Did you give him a chance to explain?"

"Explain what, Soap? It's hard for me to let him explain after 6 months of radio silence. God! His voice made me wanna punch him again! The way he talks like it doesn't bother him...." You lowered your vision to the ground feeling genuinely hurt.

"Aye... you remember what I told you months back? He's a hard one to crack, after what he's been through in life, it's hard for him to let people in fully, it's hard for him to process new emotions and how to portray them. What he's been doing and is currently doing is pushing you away... detaching himself so he doesn't hurt you." Soap spoke walking towards the table, leaning his back against it, his arms crossing over his chest.

"Well it's too late for that one, Dove." You spoke raising your eyebrows slightly hearing a gaps arise from soap.

"I could deal with Irish spring but Dove?! That's a woman's soap! I'm a man!" He said placing his hand on his chest, pretending to be hurt.

"Would you prefer Zest? Or Dial? Or Yardley? Or I could call you Dawn Dishsoap" You chuckled tilting your head to look at him.

"Jesus you're going to be the death of me!"

"You can't expect everyone to call you soap, including me and not randomly throw in soap brands when I call you. It's funny, come on!!"

"You're lucky I like you!" He seethed playfully, pointing his finger at you, his brows furrowing down.

"Yeah yeah I knowwww" you rolled your eyes. "Tell me something I don't know"

Soap was actually your rock since Simons disappearance. He knew how Simon was and how much it affected you, so he was there. He was the shoulder you cried on, the buddy you laughed with at 2am in the mornings, you and him playing pranks of Price at 4am. Hiding Price's hat. He did everything he could to keep you distracted. And when he couldn't do so, he made sure he was there to support you. Whether he was agreeing with you that Simon was an ass or he was crying with you because it made him sad that you were sad.

"Anyways grumpy-"

"You're pushing it with those snow white dwarf names" you warned snapping your head in his direction.

"ANYWAYS..." he started again, raising his volume obnoxiously. "Price told me to let you know we've all got to meet in the briefing room at 20:00"

"Oh yippee, let me guess...Tea and crumpets is going to be there?" You dropped your head back already knowing the answer.

"Unfortunately." Soap huffed with you, mocking your movements.

"Can I raincheck?"

"No, dumpy."

"DUMPY?!" You asked raising your hand over your mouth quickly to muffle your laughter.

"Isn't that one of the dwarf names?"

"No! Oh my god" you let out a chuckle, slide past your fingers. "Dumpy? Oh I'm not letting you live that down!"

"Stop trying to distract me, you're going to the meeting. No if ands or buts"

"Fine but if he even thinks of looking at me wrong, It's on sight" you protested.

"I'd pay to see that."

"What me kick his ass?"

"No, you getting your ass whooped. I'd post that shit on YouTube, we'd become famous and rich off of you getting shit on." Soap breathed a chuckle. "Clean up, let's get going?"

"Do me a solid and help me?"

"Oh for fuck sake." Soap groaned pushing himself off the table turning to face the cluttered table, sending you one last annoyed glance before he started to grab the tools.