I

ᴛʰᵉ ʙᵃˡˡᵃᵈᵉᵉʳ ᵃⁿᵈ ᴛʰᵉ ᴅᵒᶜᵗᵒʳ

"Alright, I'm not understanding this one bit

"Alright, I'm not understanding this one bit... You're saying you found this human in a domain?"Dottore asked while examining the unconscious male on his operation table. He wasn't going to bother with operating, he was just curious about the man before him.
"Yes, it was an abandoned domain. The door was barely open but I caught a glimpse of a green barrier and found him floating within it. The domain seemed to be breaking down around him."

"How did you get him out of the barrier?"

"I touched it and it vanished."Scaramouche then explains that the male slowly lowered to the ground after the barrier was gone and since then he's been unconscious. Dottore cocks his unseen eyebrow at this as he poked and prodded at the male body. All this poking managed to shake the stranger awake. When his vision cleared, he saw a masked Dottore looking down at him.
"...."

"Oh he's awake now-"

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!"Dottore jumps back as the stranger jumps from the operation table, however, his body is weak and he quickly stumbles into another. To stabilize himself, he clutches onto the one he bumped into.
"Would you let me go?"

"H-Huh?"

"Let go."Scaramouche scowls at the other holding onto him but gets no response just an awe-struck expression.
"I think something is wrong with this worm..."

"I... I'm not a worm... I'm M/n."M/n was starstruck! He was absolutely stunned with who was in front of him at this very moment but even more confused as to how he was here in the first place.
"Tsk, I didn't ask, let go."

"Sorry.."

"Aw stop being so mean Scaramouche. He looks to be from your homeland, so you have something in common. Anyway, M/n come here and sit down. I need to check on your vitals."M/n first thought was nope when hearing Dottore say those words. He knew the man was crazy and didn't want to be experimented on. As a last-ditch effort, he clings to Scaramouche once more while hiding behind him.
"Pft, even he knows you're dangerous with just your hands."

"I'm not that bad. I swear~"

"That's assuming you wouldn't torment me with words instead of a scalpel."Scaramouche chuckles lightly at M/n's fast drop of a response then nudges the other towards the crazy doctor.
"Hey-"

"Worry not. You're an interesting worm, I'll be keeping you, and if I'm to do that I need to make sure you'll be healthy enough to serve your master."

🌸🌸🌸

M/n was relieved when Dottore didn't do anything strange to him during the check-up but he didn't miss the frown he had.
"Mister Dottore?"

"Just Dottore...By any chance do you know how old you are or how long you've been within that Domain?"

"Hm..I would assume I'm in my early twenties...But oddly enough that sounds wrong when I say it out loud."M/n tries searching through the memories of the body he was in but he couldn't find anything but his own from his original world.

"While I was checking the back of your neck, I saw a similar symbol in a book Scaramouche lent me on the back of your neck. The golden Sakura is better known as the crest of the Akechi clan. A clan that was destroyed two hundred years ago by the Raiden Shogun. One member went missing right before the massacre...The fourth son."M/n could only blink, was there a character like that in the game?? Maybe for future release but M/n felt lightheaded.
"I'm gonna assume you're about 220 years old. Anyway, Scaramouche make sure he's properly acquainted with the others for proper socialization-"

"Oi!! I'm not an animal!!"M/n said in a near scream at the doctor for his choice of words. Dottore laughs and pats M/n on the head, M/n is tempted to bite the doctor's arm but settles for slapping it away from him with a glare.
Ugh, at least I'm with Scaramouche...This should be fun I guess but what part of the game was I dropped in?
As if the world heard M/n's thoughts, Dottore asked Scaramouche when his mission started.
"I leave for the city of freedom in about two months just to scout the area for a while."