IX

Tᴏ Mᴏɴᴅsᴛᴀᴅᴛ!

"If I may... Could I hear what you just said once more Scaramouche-Dono?"

"Ugh, you'll be joining me on my trip to Mondstadt. It would be unfitting to travel so far without my only servant. I can't trust other Fatui members to serve me so I opted to allow you to join me for this trip."M/n smiles brightly and jumps up from the table to prepare for the trip.
"Why the hell are you so excited?"

"Because I get to follow my master on his mission! Who wouldn't be happy?"

"You're a strange creature..."This makes M/n chuckle as he franticly moves about the house to prepare for the trip ahead! He packed according of course and left enough room in his bag for little trinkets he would buy while in Mondstadt.
"Hm, I wonder if I can buy a lyre while I'm there?" M/n gushes happily about one of his favorite nations, he was hoping to get lucky and go into Angels Share for a drink or somehow run into Venti!

⚡⚡⚡

The ride was drawn out and boring for M/n but their travel didn't go without its small annoyances. M/n found himself with a strong dislike for Pyro agents even more than when he had to fight them as enemies. This one that traveled with them was testing his ability of self-control. The Agent would wait till Scaramouche had to walk away for a moment to approach him. At first, he didn't see anything wrong with it but when the agent started asking questions about very intimate things he became annoyed.

But that was all in the back of his mind now that he could see the city of Freedom his heart thumped in his chest.
"Whoa."

"It's not that spectacular..."

"Is my master jealous that I'm giving the city my undivided attention~?"Scaramouche mushes M/n and starts walking off, the half-demon laughs while the Fatui members look on, absolutely baffled that M/n said that without so much of a punishment.
"So it's true...The Balladeer favors his servant."

"So if we study what his servant does maybe we can fall into favor too?"Thanks to M/n's newly heightened senses he could hear the two behind him as they missed the twitch of his ears.
Dumbass, only I can get away with this~
He sighs a happy one as he sticks himself close to his master.
"Oh look! Is this flower what they call Cecilia's?"M/n parts from Scaramouche's side causing the male to stop watch his servant pick a few and return to his side.
"Take a whiff Scaramouche-Dono!"

"Tsk, you're wasting time but to make your pathetic attempt worthwhile..."Scaramouche leans over to take a sniff of the flowers and finds that they do smell nice but as he glances up to look at his servant, he is greeted by a handsome smile and gentle eyes. Eyes that held nothing but joy, for what? Scaramouche couldn't understand how or why M/n was so consumed with his place at his side.
"You two, scout the area and report back to me tomorrow."

"Sir!"The two Fatui members quickly leave assuming that M/n was getting ready to be scolded for wasting their time but it was quite the opposite. He shooed M/n off in a gentle way, saying that he was free to collect more flowers if he wished while he took a break near the ruins close by but as he walked over, something flew overhead.
"What the hell..."He watches as the strange stone flies by but a piece breaks off and lands near the area where he left M/n. He quickly rushes over to find the male unconscious clutching the stone that fell to the ground, flowers crushed from his fall...

Scaramouche nearly screams out for the other members to aid him and find a suitable place for M/n to rest but stops when he hears a groan.
"What the...Why am I on the ground?"

"M/n?! What happened, tell me now."

"...I..."Suddenly the dream rushed back to the front of M/n's mind but it wasn't a dream, it was a memory of his new body's past. Tears flood down his face, nothing good floating around his mind. However, he slips back into unconsciousness, taken over by the energy coming from the stone in his hand.

 However, he slips back into unconsciousness, taken over by the energy coming from the stone in his hand