1| What's the Point?

ARE WE STILL FRIENDS?, Tyler, the Creator
𝔻𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕘𝕖𝕥 𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕤𝕜𝕚𝕟, 𝕜𝕖𝕖𝕡 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕔𝕥 𝔻𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕤𝕒𝕪, "𝔾𝕠𝕠𝕕𝕓𝕪𝕖, 𝕤𝕞𝕖𝕝𝕝 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣"

ARE WE STILL FRIENDS?, Tyler, the Creator𝔻𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕘𝕖𝕥 𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕤𝕜𝕚𝕟, 𝕜𝕖𝕖𝕡 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕔𝕥 𝔻𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕤𝕒𝕪, "𝔾𝕠𝕠𝕕𝕓𝕪𝕖, 𝕤𝕞𝕖𝕝𝕝 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣"

AMELIA MILLER

       We often ask ourselves What is the point? Shit. I wish I knew. Honestly, sometimes I feel as if I do know. If someone asked me, I'd say that the point of living is to build a life for yourself. You get through the treacherous years of school, get a higher education, find a job you excel in, get married, build a family and go from there. But no. Thats not the point, thats the purpose. Or just...the ideal life. That's the life people strive for until they realize things can never be that perfect.

       To me, theres a fine line between the point and the purpose of something.

       The purpose of something is what we're meant to do. I see purpose as an expectation. The purpose is the result of us doing what is expected, in the way that were expected to do it. If you're fulfilling your purpose, to me, you're doing whatever has been expected of you.

       Now, Im trying to find the point. Is there one? I don't know, because, now that I believe theres a difference between the point and purpose, Im stuck.

       I feel like the point is a complex answer to a one worded question; "why?" Why do we live? What is the point of living? It's hard to ask those questions without sounding like I need to be committed though.

       I've asked my Mom the simple question "Whats the point?" and she thought I was suicidal so I guess I wont be asking her that anymore. The conversation after I asked that question went a little something like this.

"Hey Mom, I have a question." ten year old me innocently said, looking out of the car window.

"And I may have an answer.." she replied.

"Well, I was just wondering...what's the point?"

"What is the point of what honey?"

"I don't know..maybe like, life?" I said stretching the e at the end of like.

"Amelia honey, you're too young to be asking questions like that."

"What do you mean?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"Honey, when people ask things like that, its usually not for a good reason. Ten year olds dont worry about things like that."

"Uhh..okay."

       Back then I was confused, about her answer. A few years later when I circled back to the conversation, I guess I realized what she meant.

       There's no book that tells you what the point is..so how should we know? I quickly snapped out of that thought as my alarm went off, causing me to jump out of bed.

       My alarm goes off at 8:30 every morning but today I woke up at 6:00. I took a shower, got dressed and even made breakfast. The only thing I haven't had is coffee. I need coffee.

       As I stepped out into the hallway I heard someone singing...not very good either. I turned the corner walking into the kitchen to reveal the one and only, my best friend Jess.

Jess has been my best friend since we were in diapers, our moms are besties as well. Their absolute goal was for their kids to be as close as they are and...here we are. I haven't talked to Jess in a few days (despite us living together) because she got mad at me for something very stupid.

We have a show that we watch together. Every Wednesday at 9 pm. Jess knows this. She never misses it. We started watching this show together so we could spend time with each other even when times are busy. Jess decided that she was going to go on a date with some chick she met at a party and not only miss the first 30 minutes of the show, but invite the girl to watch it with us.

So, here we are now. We havent talked in five days because of a show. To me, it's more than that. It's about something we do together as besties. It's probably stupid for us to give each other the silent treatment over something like this but we'll make up sooner or later.

This happens more often than you'd think though, shes like a sister to me but we always nag at each other about every single thing. Living together has given us a few more things to argue about. I still love my best friend though, and I wanna talk to her now. I hate being mad at her.

" Jess.." I inched toward her invading her personal space, being purposely annoying.

She ignored me.

"Jessssssssssss..." I continued.

"J-E-S-S-I-C-A." I spelled out her full name and emphasized each letter.

She kept ignoring me, continuing to make her avocado toast. She turned away from me, hiding behind the cabinet door acting as if she was actually looking for something. I knew she was just trying not to unveil her laughter. Plus, the "Everything but the Bagel Seasoning" was right next to her on the counter.

"Oh my goodness, Jessica Christina Smith answer me." I demanded, stomping my foot like a toddler knowing that it would make her laugh.

"Oh god, not the full government name bro." she finally answered, rolling her eyes and laughing.

"Wow! She finally spoke!" I chuckled.

"Dude, I'm sorry for getting mad at you. It was stupid. It's just...Wednesday night is our thing and you didn't even ask before inviting Oliver or whatever her name is." I sort of apologized.

"I'm sorry too. But don't be jealous, you're my best friend for life dumbass, you know that. For now on I will ask if I want to do something like that again. Her name is Olivia by the way." Jess laughed, taking a bite out of her toast.

"We good now?" I questioned.

"We're good." she confirmed.

"Good." I replied, giving her a quick hug.

1,003 words⚡️

A/N - Hi!! First chapter!! I'm so excited to continue this story. I hope y'all are too and I hope you continue reading! Thank you 😘