10| Forgiven

AMELIA MILLER

AMELIA MILLER

       It's been two weeks since I've seen Nicky and one week since Jess and I have started talking again...Let me explain.

       Nicks really, really helped me out by letting me stay with her for the weekend. However, she's left me with some confusion.

       Every once in a while, we cuddle and got closer than normal friends would, but that weekend...we got really close. The pet names increased and the physical touch was at an all time high. I mean, we slept in the same bed every night that I stayed over.

       Now, it's not like we both felt awkward and stopped hanging out because we got too close. In reality, Nicky is just visiting her rich family. She really wanted me to go but I don't get along with all of her family. So, despite her begging and reassurance, I decided to stay. Nicks will be back in a few days.

       As far as Jess goes, my heart is breaking for her. Her aunt, who helped raise her, has been diagnosed with stage four breast cancer. It's really bad and has heavily progressed, she doesn't have much longer to live.

       When we were at the food court that day, that was the message she had gotten. Instead of telling Nicks and I, she took her anger out on me. When Jess is angry, she's angry at the world. She lashes out, can say some nasty shit and is undeniably a bitch. Sorry Jess.

       But, last week, she apologized for what she said and opened up about what was going on. Now we're talking again and she's been trying to convince me not to talk to a certain someone.

"Amelia! I will take that phone myself! You will not text Damon!" Jess shouted from the kitchen where she was making her boba.

"But Jess!" I began to plead my case.

"Eh, no buts. He hurt you."

"I get that Jess, but I wanna hear what he has to say."

"Girl, I'm warning you." she gave me her evil stare.

"Fuck it." I said, throwing my hands up before grabbing my phone to send a message that I'll probably regret.

To: Damon Hart.
Hey, if you wanna talk meet me at Pinky's in an hour.

       My plan was to get ready, go to Pinky's and wait. If he shows up, cool. If not, I'll pity him for losing someone like me. Especially because I was giving him a second chance.

       I took a quick shower, did a natural makeup look and put on a simple, but cute, outfit.

       After getting ready, I headed to Pinky's. I decided to walk, opposed to driving, as I needed to clear my head with some fresh air before talking to Damon. Not knowing if I'd get some stupid, bullshit explanation from him, or a real, truthful one.

       As I entered my favorite little cafe, I didn't even have time to order, Damon was already there.

"Hey, Amy. I-I mean Amelia." he remembered what I had told him about calling me by my nickname.

"Hi Damon."

"So um, what made you change your mind?" he asked, sitting at the table he had picked for us.

"Don't question my thought process Damon, just explain yourself."

"Okay, fine." he cleared his throat.

"Well, what you seen when you walked in wasn't the full story.."

"Then what the hell was the full story? From where I was standing, it looked like you had your tongue down some girl's throat." I angrily said.

"Listen, I get that you're mad. But please, just listen to me first." he pleaded.

"Fine." I crossed my arms and readjusted my posture.

"The girl was my ex, Gabby. She found out about you and I seeing each other so she came over in a jealous fit that she was having. She kissed me and I tried to push her away but she's actually crazy. She would've lied to the police, told them I hit her and gotten me arrested."

"Shit." I blurted out.

"I've been trying to talk to you, not just to get you to forgive me. I just wanted to warn you. She is crazy, Amelia. I don't want her to hurt you. I want you to be careful, please."

"Why did she just happen to show up when I left for work?" my trust issues caused me to question him further.

"She'd been stalking us, that's how she knew we were seeing each other."

What the fuck?

"Damon, how crazy is she? Like, stab me crazy? Or just stalker crazy?"

"You want a true answer?" he awkwardly smirked while looking scared at the same time.

"Yes, Damon."

"Well, both. She just got out of prison." he looked down.

"What the hell? What did she do?"

"Well, let's just say, that scar on my stomach isn't from skateboarding."

"Damon, she stabbed you?"

"Yes. I told you, she's crazy. But, since she's been released , I've hired security," he pointed to a tall, buff man in a tight black shirt, standing in the corner of the cafe.

"And I've gotten...a weapon." he cleared his throat.

"This is fucking crazy." I laughed to myself, wondering what kind of nightmare I was in.

"It's gonna be okay, I can protect you. I've even arranged security for you." he reassured me, grabbing my hand, stroking it with his thumb.

"Okay, I believe you."

900 words 😰

A/N- WHAT THE HELL IS GOIN ON?! Damon has a crazy ass ex?! What do y'all think is gonna happen? Are we (Damelia fans) happy now that Amelia has forgiven Damon. For you Nickelia fans, Nicky will be back soon...however, imma just apologize in advance for what's coming. Hope y'all enjoyed!!!

love, defnottb 💓

pov: Damon's ex

LMAOOOOOOOOOO

ALRIGHT!!! Bye now y'all!! 🤣🤣🤣