8| Cheer Up Buttercup

AMELIA MILLER

AMELIA MILLER

"Amelia, wake up !" I heard Jess shout as I sandwiched my head between two pillows to block out her voice.

"Get up! We're going out!" She yelled even louder.

"Go away Jess." I mumbled, earning a groan from Nicky who laid next to me.

Nicks stayed over last night after I fell asleep in her arms.

"I'm with Amy." Nicks mumbled.

"Oh whatever, both of you, get your asses up. We're going shopping."

"Yeah, yeah." Nick blabbed, throwing a pillow at Jess as she walked out of the room.

       Jess shut the door behind her and I turned to Nicks. She was already facing me, giving me an  empathetic look.

"Are you alright?" she asked, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I will be." I answered, leaning into her touch.

"Cmon, let's go shopping with Jess. Get your mind off of dickhead Damon." she rolled her eyes and chcuckled at the same time.

...

"Oh cmon Nicks, you should expand your wordrobe a bit." I chuckled, earning an eyeroll from Nicky.

"Yeah, wear something other than ripped jeans, band tees and a leather jacket." Jess added onto my sentence.

"Oh whatever, lets go get some food." Nicks suggested.

       Inaudibly I thanked her for that suggestion as I did not want to keep walking around. Jess has already taken us to twelve clothing stores...so, almost the entire mall.

       The most dangerous part of this is that I bought something at every store whilst I'm jobless.

       When we arrived at the food court, Jess headed towards the Philly cheese steak while Nicks and I went for Japanese.

"Nicks, it's fine, I'll pay."

"No ya won't." Nicks looked at me and smiled, while sliding her card onto the counter.

"Next time I'm paying." I said as nicks and I headed back to our table where Jess was devouring a steak and cheese with fries on the side.

"Damn Jess, is it good?" I looked at her and laughed.

"As fuck." she mumbled.

       After a few moments of no talking, just eating, I started up a conversation.

"I don't know what I'm gonna do guys.." I started to speak.

"About what?"

"The whole Damon situation and me losing my job..." I trailed off.

"Well as far as Damion goes, I'll beat his ass myself." Nicks piped in.

"Thanks Nicks, but if you wanna beat him up you should know that his name isn't Damion." I laughed.

"Yeah, yeah. Tomato, potato." She waved her hand at me.

"I don't think that's how that saying goes Nicks." I said. making all three of us laugh.

       All laughter came to a halt when Jess picked up her phone and her smile faded.

"You okay Jess?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." she paused.

"What were we talking about?" she asked.

"Aims, dickhead Damon and her job situation." Nicks reminded her.

"Well, Amy, I don't know why you're so sad about that job anyway. It wasn't all that..." She interjected. It was like a switch had flipped in her mind.

"What are you talking about Jess? You know what happened while I was working there."

       Despite it being my third job ever, I went through things, good and bad while working there. I met Anna there and now she's a close friend of mine. Ryan's first big milestone with his music happened there. I also lost my dad. The second year of me working at Melody's, at seventeen, I lost him due to lung cancer. It was probably the most painful thing I've been through, but I worked through it.

"The things that happened to you while you worked there have nothing to do with the job Amy. It was nothing but a record store."

"It was more than a record store to me Jess, and you know that. It doesn't have to be important to you but can you at least respect that it was to me!" I almost shouted in the middle of the food court.

"I thought you cared and wanted to bring me shopping to make me feel better. I've had a shitty week and I just need my best friends right now. What is wrong with you?" I questioned.

"No, Amelia, what is wrong with you. You're the one that's been cheated on twice."

"Low fucking blow Jess." Nicky scoffed.

"Whatever, we all know it's true. After a while don't you begin to think that you're the problem? I mean, it's only logical." Jess spat out words laced with venom.

"Fuck you Jessica." I said, grabbing my bags and leaving.

"Aims, wait up." I looked back to see Nicky chasing after me.

"The fuck is wrong with her?" Nicks asked, referring to Jess.

"I don't know, but I don't wanna hear from her rude ass again." I continue to walk as fast as I could to my car.

       Nicks loaded all of my bags into the trunk and hopped into that passengers side before I sped off, leaving Jess at the mall. That's what she gets.

...

"Jesus Aims, next time some shit happens, resort to online retail therapy." Nicky said, struggling to carry the majority of my bags up the stairs.

"Yeah, that sounds better." I chuckled, grabbing my house key out of my purse before being interrupted by a deep voice.

"Amelia."

What the fuck is he doing here?

888 words 💫

A/N- Hope y'all liked this chapter! Although I'm not sure if anyone really reads this story lol. I have 40 reads at the moment. If you are a reader don't be afraid to comment!

Thanks for reading!

love, defnottb 💞