20| Tell Me That You Love Me

• Songs - Marvins Room - Drake ~
Flaming Hot Cheetos - Clairo •

• Songs - Marvins Room - Drake ~ Flaming Hot Cheetos - Clairo •

AMELIA MILLER

I let out a sigh of slight annoyance as Nicks followed me into my shared apartment. She'd been spewing the same argument for what seems like an eternity.

On the drive home, I told her about my decision to go to Colorado. I thought she'd be fine with it, or at least pretend to be. However, she is anything but fine with it.

"Aims, come on. You do not have to leave."

"Yes I do, Nicks." I sighed, taking off my shoes, sitting down on my bed and placing my keys down next to me.

"W-What does Jess think about this?" why is she acting like me leaving is some drastic, outrageous plan?

"Haven't told her yet."

"Well, are you going to tell her?" Nicky looked at me with a dramatic expression on her face as I plopped down on my bed, ready to rest.

"No Nicky. I'm just going to leave and not saying anything." I stared at her with a straight face as silence balanced between us.

"Yes I'm going to tell her Nicks, come on!" I almost yelled as if I was shouting the word, obviously in her face. She said nothing in response. She simply sighed and walked out of the room.

With a cloud of annoyance raining down on me, I followed her out of my room and into the living room.

"You always just run away when shit gets hard." I taunted her and crossed my arms while her back was turned towards me.

"Really? Says the one that's literally going to Colorado because she doesn't know how to have an adult conversation."

"Nicky- I'm visiting my family. I'm not running away."

"Seems sudden to me. It's almost as if you've forgotten how well I know you. I know you can't handle confrontation." She slouched down onto the beige recliner as I was left speechless for a moment, what she said was nothing but the truth.

"I just need time." that's the only thing I can come up with. Especially with her eyes boring into me.

"Time for what, Amelia? Just tell me that you love me too." she stood up from her seated position and almost pleaded with me. She had now walked over to me, holding my hands and making direct eye contact with me.

"I-I can't do that, Nicks."

"Why not, babe." her voice was now softened and quieter.

"B-Because I don't love you like that, Nicks. I'm sorry." I watched as she looked at me in disbelief which quickly turned to devastation. A single tear escaped from her left eye and she quickly pushed it away before storming out of the apartment.