2| Pinky's

Get You, Daniel Caesar ft. Kali Uchis
𝔼𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕀 𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕜 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕠 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤 𝕀 𝕤𝕖𝕖 𝕚𝕥
𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕀 𝕟𝕖𝕖𝕕

 Kali Uchis𝔼𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕀 𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕜 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕠 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤 𝕀 𝕤𝕖𝕖 𝕚𝕥 𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕀 𝕟𝕖𝕖𝕕

AMELIA MILLER

       Today I have a shift, at "Melody's", my job. It's a small record store on the corner of the main street in town. Honestly, it's small but it's a popular store. We've gotten a lot of "Swifties" recently. I can't blame em' Midnights is pretty good.

       My shift is luckily in the afternoon so, I'm hanging out with Nicky this morning.

       Now, little back story about good ol' Nicky. Nicky is my ex-girlfriend and now one of my closest friends. Our breakup was peaceful, no hard feeling, we were going in separate directions blah, blah, blah.

       Nicky is simply a hot, outgoing, edgy type of girl. Although we're broken up now she's a huge flirt and constantly has our friends thinking we're secretly back together or something. I love Nicky but, it's just not gonna happen.

"Hey Nicks, what's up?" I said, as I opened the door for Nicky.

"Nothing much. Missed you though gorgeous, it's been a while."

See, she's a flirt.

"I missed you too Nicks, sorry, I've just been kinda busy."

"I get it. Where's Jess?" she asked, hopping onto the couch.

"Work." I replied, sitting down next to her.

"Have you and that shit head brother of yours been making any music lately?"

       Nicky thinks that I should quit my job at the record store and focus on music. Music isn't really something I want to pursue. Her and lots of my friends/family think I have a beautiful voice, I think they're being dramatic.

       My brother, Ryan, plays guitar. He's very good at it. Like, really good. The kid is a musical genius. I won't ever tell him that because ya know, the kids gonna get a big head with all of the compliments he gets on his music.

Jess says that Ryan and I can be like Bille and Finneas. Definitely not.

"No, Nicks. You know I'm not into that." I rolled my eyes.

"Ugh, whatever. You're good at it, babe. I think you should try," she stated.

"You can't work at the record store forever." she continued.

"And why not..."

"C'mon Amy."

"Enough about music. Wanna go to Pinky's and grab coffee before I have to go to work?"

Pinky's is a daily must. It's a coffee shop/bakery that's close enough so that we can walk there and to my job.

"Sure, let's go." Nicks shrugged and grabbed her leather jacket.

...

"Hello, what can I get for you today?" the barista asked Nicky and I.

"We'll have two large caramel frappuccinos, one with whip, one without. Thanks doll." Nicky said, shooting the barista a wink.

"Nicks, must you flirt with everyone?" I questioned the messy haired girl beside me.

"You jealous Amy?" she questioned, giving a snarky smirk.

"You wish, Newton." I snapped back, spinning around to grab our coffees when I clumsily tripped landing into a strong pair of arms.

"I am so sor-" I started to speak when he cut me off.

"You should be more careful." he stated before letting me go.

       Yes, I was completely embarrassed. But, it was worth it because that man is gorgeous. He wore black jeans, a black v-neck and an unzipped sweatshirt making his tattoos visible. His dark, black hair was the perfect mix of wavy and straight, hanging just below his eyebrows. His eyes were what I noticed first, they were grey and dark.

"Woah, what was that?" Nicky chuckled as we walked outside, heading towards my job.

"I have no clue..." I replied, taking a sip of my coffee.

We continued to walk in a comfortable silence until we got to my job.

"Have a good day Aims." Nicky said before patting me on the head and walking away.

"Hey Anna!" I said, as I walked into the store to see my favorite co-worker.

"I didn't know you were working today." I continued.

"Well, Ally is sick and I need the money so I'm picking up her shifts right now." Anna explained as I nodded.

"Oh, Anna, guess what just happened at Pinky's."

"Oh no hun, did you spill your coffee? Is that why your shirt looks like that?"

"No Anna, this is brown tye-dye." I said, rolling my eyes at her sort of hilarious question.

"Oh...my bad. Well, what happened?"

"Okay so, I was being clumsy as usually and I tripped into this absolutely gorgeous man's arm's. We kinda even held eye contact for a few seconds and I don't know...it was just a strange moment." I quickly rambled on.

"Oh my goodness...well, what did this gorgeous man look like?" she questioned, needing to know every detail.

"Well-" I paused as I looked up, realizing I didn't need to continue my description any further.

"Girl, why'd you stop? Tell me what he looks like!"

"H-He's right there..."

830 words 🤍🧸