Chapter 15: Grocery Trouble

(Kimiko's Pov)

"Hmm..." I forced my eyes to open, and what greets me is a pair of red-ish brown eyes, of a certain Pureblood.

"Kaname?" I muttered, quite confuse on why we're lying at same bed, while his arm is around my waist. He only hummed in reply. I think he's enjoying this. I've never seen him so...relax and off-guard. Well, to be fair, I don't see him much often to know.

"How long?" It was a short question because I'm not used in keeping a long conversation.

"The whole day" His answers are also short. I guess we do have something in common.

I took a peek at his back to look at the huge window behind only for me to see the full moon. He's telling the truth.

But how can I sleep the whole day? And so soundless. The nightmare didn't visited me. Is it because of him?

"I need to go back" I tried to escape from his embrace but it was futile his grip on me is thight. My eyes slightly narrowed and stare blankly at him.

"Do you want to die?" I titled my head but he only chuckled. "I'm afraid I've been long dead, My dear."

"The night has already taken it's place. Why don't you go back to sleep? You seem tired." But I just woke up.

As if he was reading my mind he said. "I know you just woke up. And I also know you haven't sleep peacefully since you came back from your mission."

"Were you stalking me?"

"Stalking is a strong word. I much prefer...observing?" I mentally face palm myself.

"Same thing." I said with a confuse frown. He softly laugh as he caressed my hair.

"I know. Now go back to sleep, I'll be here to guard you. And also be at ease that I won't bite you" It's like his words are a spell which made me tired. I unconsciously leaned my head on his chest and sigh in full bliss. He's warm for a vampire

***

(Third Person's Pov)

"Kimiko-san! We've been looking everywhere for you since yesterday" Yuki exclaimed in worry as soon as she spotted her walking towards them, Yuki and Sayori.

"Business" One word and it shut her up. Yuki knew she shouldn't have asked.

"Oh yeah. Haha...guess I freaked out of nothing, silly me" Yuki awkwardly rubbed her head.

"It's fine. I was notified by Kaien to go to his office with you because he knows that you're looking for me" She said nonchalantly. Kimiko stare at Sayori as if she was giving her a silent message.

Sayori is smart enough to notice the message as she nodded. "I better get going now. See you again tomorrow Yuki, Kimiko-san"

"Y-yeah haha. See you tomorrow Yori-chan" Yuki waved goodbye to her.

Kimiko didn't wait any longer so she walked away. Yuki noticed that she's already walking away so she sprinted to catch up with her.

"M-matte Kimiko-san!"

Kimiko stopped on her tracks and waited until Yuki is besides her, much to Yuki's surprise.

"She never waited for me to catch up with her" Yuki thought curiously. Kimiko's aura is definitely unusual today.

"Kimiko-san?"

"Hm?"

"You're in good mood today aren't you?"

"Hm"

"I'll take that as a yes?" Yuki sweat dropped.

"Her laziness is killing me"