Chapter 11: Back Again, To Where It All Began

Kimiko roamed her gaze around with keen eyes without leaving her sight for any lingering Level Es. She's currently crouching down at the top of an abandoned house, with her scent hidden.

By dawn she resides at a small cottage, farther from the forsaken town and inside the forest. And by dusk, she'll be out for the hunt.

It's already been two days since she left the Academy as she felt annoyed when more vampires shows up. They just couldn't stop growing in number. Kimiko made a mental note to include her mission on tracking down the cause of the turned vampires.

Her eyes snapped open when she perceived a loud muffled voice of a young woman.

She carefully peered at the edge of the roof to watch as three vampires held the girl tightly captive.

"Blood! Give us your blood!"

"Delicious blood!"

"She smells good!"

Kimiko clicked her tongue. "They caught another one again?" She quietly crawled at the side of the roof and jumped down.

The vampires jumped in surprise when they saw her.

"Unhand her, filthy bastards, so I can kill all of you swiftly" She dully said, pointing her katana. The vampires took a step back before laughing maniacally.

"Bwahaha! And what a little girl like you would d-!" Before he could finish his sentence, he burst into a pile of ashes.

The last two vampires yelped in fear. One of them grabbed the girl from behind and pointed his sharp nail at her neck.

"Damn you hunter! W-we'll kill this girl if you step any closer" The hostage sobbed, looking at Kimiko's emotionless eyes, pleading to be rescued.

Kimiko leaned her katana on her shoulder, stepping forward loudly as her heels clicked.

Then, she disappeared out of thin air. The vampire's red eyes widen and frantically search for her.

"W-w-where is she?!" The vampire that held the girl agitatedly blurted.

The other one looked around ones more before grinning.

"Hah! She probably hide herself! What a cowar-?!" Cutting another vampire mid-word, he turned into ashes.

The last vampire stood stiffly when he felt the peak of a blade closely against his back. One move, he could turn into ashes like his comrades.

"Let go of her" without a second the vampire push the girl away, placing his hands up the air in surrender.

"Now, tell me....who is your master?" She asked venomously.

"I-I'll t-t-tell! D-don't k-kill me please!" The vampire cried, feeling the cold and sharp blade move to his neck.

"Tell me" She demands.

The vampire swallowed nervously.

"H-h-his name is....R-Rido K-Kuran." Lightning struck painfully inside Kimiko's head.

If she's weak, she would have stumble down in pain as the vampire take advantage of it and kill her.

She bit down her lower lip and clenched her hand, nails digging down her palm.

"Where is he?" Kimiko hides away her pain flawlessly, trying to ease her aching brain.

"W-what's happening to me? Why does his name sounds so....familiar?"

"I-I don't know I swear! But last time I heard he's roaming around the castle ruins!" Her eyes glinted sharply at the news.

"What is his purpose? Tell me, now!" She exclaimed, losing her facade.

"I-I-I r-really don't k-know! Argh!" Without hesitation, she swung her sword, cutting off his neck before turning into ashes.

"Thank you for that useful information. May your soul find place in heaven." She muttered and looked at the dim sky. Those level Es are just poor victims. To help them, she must kill the monster that trapped their soul inside their body.

Kimiko sigh before turning her gaze at the unconscious girl. She removed her cloak and wrapped it around her. She carefully picked her up and jumped through roofs, making her way at the town where she came from.

***

By the next day, Kimiko came out of the cottage and sprinted in lightning speed. The tall trees of the forest made her impossibly hard to see, plus the moon is hidden by the dark clouds.

Kimiko came into a abrupt halt when she neared a cliff, starring at the huge ruins of the ones proud and magnificent castle. The castle is surrounded by waterfalls, for a normal human, it's impossible to cross the cliffs because time did not have mercy on the castle as you can see the remnants of the crumbled bridge. That was probably destroyed by the Senates.

Kimiko grunts in pain, carefully kneeling down to balance herself

Kimiko grunts in pain, carefully kneeling down to balance herself. "It's getting worse. What's the meaning of this? Have I been here before?"

She stood up, her feet wobbled slightly as she came near a tall tree that could hide her form. She sat down and leaned on it for a while.

She opened her eyes and stare at the castle ones again but, another pain struck her. She fell unconscious.

Unbeknown to her, a tall man with an unruly slightly long brown hair narrowed his heterochromia eyes.

He chuckled softly as he carried her gently on his arms.

"It seems Her Majesty have finally arrived"

***

Edited: April 29, 2017