Chapter 20: Damn Cake!

The atmosphere was tense, like there was in invisible vacuum sucking the air out as weapons and a hand still pointed at the corresponding victim.

"It's alright, Seiren, it was my fault. I said something I shouldn't have" Kaname reassures, feeling upset that Kimiko was protecting Zero while she's being mean to him. Kaname felt someone squeeze his heart until it turn into pieces.

Seiren followed his order and removed her hand from Zero's neck.

"How dare you point a gun at Lord Kaname." Aido growls, his anger was fiercer because of Kimiko's protectiveness towards Zero.

"Tearing you to shreds won't be enough! However, I will restrain myself while attending this Academy. I don't want to hinder the Headmaster's pacifist ideology." He emphasized. Half of what he said was true, the other half is because he doesn't want to upset Kimiko. "But, never forget, our respect for one person is what keeps us at this school and he's Lord Kaname, a Pureblood." And also Kimiko-sama.

"A Pureblood? Is that true, Kaname?" Yuki didn't know what kind of vampire is Kaname until now. So, that's the reason why the others follow his so obediently. She thought that it was all because he's the Dorm President.

(A/n: Did I ever mentioned that Yuki knew Kaname's a Pureblood? If so please tell me then forget that she knew all that sh8t 😂)

"That's the same kind of vampire that attack Zero and his family" Yuki thought.

"You look as if this is the first time you've heard about this, Yuki. Are you afraid?" Kaname softly asked, staring at her eyes.

"To tell you the truth, I guess...I've always been a bit afraid of you" She confessed. "Even now, I'm still a little bit, afraid"

Clap! Clap!

"Hey! Don't forget, everyone. This is my birthday party so, you've all got to celebrate" Takuma grabbed everyone's attention and reminds them the purpose of this gathering. This tension makes him excited and all but kinda upsetting because they forgot all about him.

***

(At the Headmaster's office)

"It's been four years...never thought he'd still alive." Toga said, staring at the photo of Yuki and Zero that Kaien gave him.

"The girl beside him is my precious daughter, Yuki, she's a very delightful girl. Yuki, Zero, along with Kimiko keeps an eye on the Night Class." Toga threw the photo carelessly on the floor.

"Did you hear? A level E was found wondering around the town today." He said, passing the news.

"So, did you do you job?" Kaien asked.

"No. Someone beat me to it" Toga simply replied. Kaien replied in a proud yet faux clueless tone. "I wonder who it was, the hero who saved the town-"

"Don't play dumb. I know for a fact that it was done by a Night Class student. They call it their duty but they simply enjoy hunting. The ones to hunt vampires, are vampire hunters such as myself and that girl, Kimiko" He retorts. "We are sent here for a reason. And that is to hunt vampires. Don't let your pets intervene with our job."

"That may very well be but, it is forbidden for anyone to kill them without good reason" Toga didn't listen, he turned around to get his hat from the coat tree. "What's this all about? What are you doing here anyway? You're not the type to blindly follow orders from the Hunters' Association." Kaien grumpily interrogates.

Toga grabbed his cowboy hat and put it on. "I made an oath"

"The solemn oath that was made only between the two of us" Toga heard Kaien's voice changed and saw he was actually holding a microphone connected into a radio speaker. Irked marks appeared on Toga's forehead.