Chapter 25: Wrong Room?

(Third Person's Pov)

Yuki was still waiting outside the dark corridors of the main building, not even moving from the place where Toga left her.

So, when classes are over, he was quite surprised to see her. He was amused by this girl's patience, he doesn't know if she's just a really good person, who's concern about her friend's well-being, or just plain stupid. 

She's really brave to just stand there, motionless, at the dark corridors where it is the vampires' turn to use the building.

When Toga showed up, Yuki was snapped out of her reverie and look at the tall man. She slightly gasped in concern when she saw the book he was carrying a while ago, be pierced by a blade.

She wanted to ask who threw that at him and might as well barge in and give the vampire a major offense card but, she remembered that Kaname's inside. He would definitely take care of it.

Toga sighed and rubbed his head. This girl is really something. "If you wish to seek him, go find him at the Headmaster's guest room." He said before leaving her.

Yuki was surprised that he finally answered her. She thanked him before dashing towards the Headmaster's residence.

After a few minutes of running, Yuki arrived in front of the guest room's door. She was panting as she tries to catch her breath. With a determined look, she knocked on the door.

"Zero?" She called. Hearing no response, she knocked again.

"Zero, open the door! I know you're in there!" She called again.

She heard light footsteps coming near the door so she stopped and waited.

The door gave out loud creak as it opened.

"Do you know that I've been looking everywhere for you..." Yuki's sentence halted. The person in front of her is definitely not Zero but, Kimiko with a tired look on her face.

"Yuki, it's the middle of the night. What are you doing here?" Her voice was hoarse but not unpleasing to the ears, instead it sounds sexy.

Yuki blushed in embarrassment. She must've got the wrong guest room. But, what is Kimiko doing here anyway?

"I-I was looking for Zero. You and him have been missing after you two ran away from the party." She explained.

"Also, about that gun shot, Zero was the one who's probably hurt by it because of that new teacher." She sadly said. "Since you're with him last night, you probably know about it already." She giggled, humorously rubbing the back of her head.

"If you wanted to know how he is, he's fine and safe. You don't need to meddle with his business anymore. If possible, I want you to stay away from him for a while." Yuki froze and her eyes dilated.

'Stay...away..? What...does she mean?'

"E-etto, Kimiko-san. I just wanted to see him." Yuki tried to negotiate.

Kimiko shook her head. "Yuki, Zero's case is not simple. He's not allowed to see anyone right now, I'm still monitoring his behavior." She calmly explained.

Yuki's body trembled, her eyes welled up with tears. "W-why? W-why would you guys lock him up like a caged animal? Zero is not dangerous! He's just...scared." She clenched her fists, her eyes shadowed.

Kimiko sighed and patted her head. Yuki flinched but soon felt a bit calm.

"Don't worry about a thing. I'm with you in this case, I won't let anyone lock him up." Kimiko seriously said.

Yuki sniffled and looked at her in new light. 'Kimiko won't lock him up? I thought she's a vampire hunter who hates Level Es? Why would she help him?' Yuki thought, but she was glad that Kimiko is with her side. If not, she will be powerless against her.

"Thank you, Kimiko-san. I'm sorry to disturb you, I'll be going now." Now the heavy feeling in her heart was lifted, Yuki left in peace.

Kimiko's eyes followed Yuki's figure until it disappeared through the dark hallway. Closing the door behind her, she stared at the awkward silverette on the bed.

"What's wrong?"

"N-nothing..."

***

Published on: December 01, 2018

Hey guys! Advanced Merry Christmas! I'm really sorry for not updating for such a long time.

I'm still very busy at school, I even thought about having this book on hold but decided not to. We're having our Thesis/Research done so expect me not to update for quite some time.

Please be patient and wait for my updates 🙂. Also I recommend you guys to read from Webnovel, books there are awesome!

Ranking:
Kaname: 16 🤔
Zero: 8 😶
Senri: 4 😅