Chapter 29: Ichijo Asato

Ichijo Asato, also known as Ichiou, stood outside the mahogany doors of the Moon Dorm after his pleasant visit.

Every vampire in the Night Class had given him an impression after he stated that he would like to drink their beloved Pureblood's blood.

In short, their encounter with the head of the Vampire Council was anything but pleasant.

His grandson, Takuma, wasn't particularly in terms with his grandfather's ideologies. Nevertheless, Ichiou warned him about Kaname threatening the regime of the vampire council.

"Grandfather." Takuma called. "I'm afraid you don't understand." A soft smile appeared on his lips.

"I won't do anything that would harm my friend."

Ichiou's eyes narrowed into a glare by his grandson's words.

"It is you who does not understand. A friendship built upon the deceptive peace within the confined world of an Academy is nothing but—"

"Cross Academy is peaceful!" Yuki appeared behind and cut Ichiou's sentence.

"Yuki-chan!"

Takuma was surprised by Yuki's sudden appearance. He wasn't sure if it was either out of bravery or naivety when she rudely cut off the head of the Senate.

Ichiou simply gave the human girl an annoyed look and payed no mind to her rudeness.

"S-so... 'Please donate a lot of money again this time!' is what the Headmaster said." She sheepishly quoted Kaien's exact words.

"Umm...you are Takuma-senpai's grandfather, right?" She asked in confirmation.

"We came to get you!" She stiffly saluted.

Zero came out from the shadows in hesitation. He was simply embarrassed for Yuki.

"We'll show you the way to the Headmaster's office."

Ichiou lightly scoffed. "Hm, very well." When he was about to take a step forward, his eyes landed on the slender figure leaning against the building's pillar.

Her long, wavy brown hair danced with the cool air. Inside Ichiou's locked memories he saw a familiar scene.

A young Ichijo Asato in a tender age of 15, stood at a grand garden alongside his father.

Aristocrats and Pureblood vampires roamed the bright garden along with other supernatural beings as they celebrate the party their Queen held for them. The moon hanged bright above with no clouds covering its pristine beauty.

"The Queen has arrived!" A knight announced. Everyone quickly composed themselves. The men bowed while the women curtsied.

When Ichiou was about to bow, he was frozen, stunned by the beautiful woman in white.

He forgot to bow, his eyes simply cannot take them off her. Ever step she took spoke of elegance and grace.

Ichiou thought that she's like moon. Bright, mysterious and beautiful.

A noble aura seem to radiate her entire being. If the moon has a body, it would be her.

Since he's the only one who didn't bow, the Queen's line of sight certainly went on his way.

Then, she graced him a smile.