Chapter 2

"Greetings to the Kim Emperor from the Hostage Prince, Park Jimin."

Jimin had enough of his bitter-hard days.

Just because he could bear hardships didn't mean he preferred living like this.

When he was in the Park Empire's palace, he was a little pitiful child who was left unattended before the age of six. His life was no different from that of the young punishment.

"I don't know where this uneducated young eunuch came from. He dared to offend the Imperial Consort."

Little Jimin raised his head to reveal his adorable face, that was as smooth as jade and white as snow. He complained stubbornly, "I'm not some young eunuch. I'm Young master Park."

This little one was a Prince.

The Imperial Consort quickly ordered the man to let him go and sent another to make inquiries. Only then did she learn that the child was the Park Empire's Emperor's seventh son, whose biological mother had passed away early, leaving him alone and without help.

With a situation that was similar to herself, the Imperial Consort had a moment of self-pity. Her mother's background wasn't high. She experienced the lack of support and helpless life in the palace, having only the favor of His Majesty. But for how long? The Imperial Doctor informed her that her frail body would make it difficult for her to get pregnant. To have no heir in the palace was not a feasible long-term plan.

Seeing this seventh Young master , an idea birthed in her head.

Since then, the favored Imperial Consort looked after Jimin's well-being and cared for him from time to time. Jimin played ignorant and showed a childlike adoration towards her. The palace maids acted pragmatically, and his life soon turned for the better.

A month later, the beloved Imperial Consort was still not pregnant. Finally, on the pretext of 'feeling lonely in the palace and wanting a child for company', she kneeled and begged in front of the Park Emperor with Jimin. The Emperor naturally agreed to the Imperial Consort's request.

Jimin got rid of his ridiculed, hungry, and cold life.

The beloved Imperial Consort had no maternal love for Jimin, seeing him only for her beneficial needs. She thought the child knew nothing of this, but what she didn't know was that Jimin knew everything.

That year, the six-year-old child was already insightful as a mirror. Everything since their deliberate encounter at the imperial garden, were all within his plans.

Jimin didn't need a meaningful mother-child relationship. The favored Imperial Consort needed a son to establish herself in palace life, while he needed a backer to improve his circumstances. It was a mutual exchange of interests; each seized what they each needed, nothing more, and nothing less.

He didn't mind having another mother.

Never did he expect that, a half a month later, the Imperial Consort would be diagnosed with happy news during her pulse checkup. She was going to have her own child, and after that, her treatment towards him became more indifferent. Jimin didn't fuss or cause trouble, but asked the Imperial Consort to have some pity. She regarded the child as her lucky star, and since she had adopted him, she couldn't just kick him out, that would mark her as cruel.

So Jimin continued to live well.

But when the Kim Empire army pressed against the border, the Park Empire needed to hand over a prince as hostage, Jimin was still the least important one.