Chapter 7

"We only believe in human lives, never the human heart."

Warning: Manual strangulation, sexual references.

SeokJin gazed down at the docile youth. He had investigated Jimin and naturally knew what kind of childhood life the younger man had in the Park Empire's palace.

But he wasn't going to believe it with a smile.

As someone who survived the Royal Court strife, SeokJin's mind was deep and unmeasurable.

Everyone had a self-protection method. Some would turn towards the violet methods feared by many, while some would disguise themselves with a gentle mask.

In fact, there were no differences under the skin.

Both types of survivors were equally clever and heartless.

* * *

"How could the Park Empire treat you like that?" SeokJin pitifully caressed the other's soft brow, slowly descending along the outlines, "A beauty like you deserves to be held within someone's palms."

SeokJin's hands were long and slender, no different from an elegant scholar who danced with ink. 

Only Jimin, who was the person being touched, could feel the slight roughness on the fingers.

These were hands that drew bows, held swords, and ended many lives.

He held his breath as his body instinctively went on high alert.

That hand touched him tenderly, like a lover showing their affection. 

Until it brushed against his slender neck. Then, the five fingers enclosed his throat, violently strangling him!

...So this was what you were thinking in your so-called hold within someone's palm.

An average person couldn't bear this.

"Ack!" Jimin only had the time to emit a muffled groan before his throat was tightly grasped by SeokJin's five fingers.

—In that instant, Jimin thought of at least three ways to fight back.

But he picked none of the options as he restrained his fight or flight instinct and remained indifferent.

Allowing the Kim Emperor to sound him out.

He was Young master Park who lacked the strength to truss up a chicken.

He was not Jimin, the formidable martial artist.

He always kept this in mind.

The Kim Emperor was a careful man, who wouldn't believe a single word from his mouth. He had to alleviate the Emperor's doubts this way.

On the inside, Jimin had the clear mind to analyze every moment. On the outside, his complexion was losing color.

He grasped SeokJin's wrist in a struggle, a trace of bewilderment contained in his eyes as he asked an incomprehension question he couldn't wrap his head around, "What mistake did this subject...make?"

There was a smile on SeokJin's face. "Would we need a reason to kill you when we just wanted to?"

Does a tyrant need a reason to kill someone?

No reason needed.

Last night, the Emperor would treat him softly and gently, like two inseparable lovers. Today, he could ruthlessly change his expression—like flipping a switch.