Chapter 3

Jimin thought for a moment, gazed down and replied, "Seasonable snow is an omen for a prosperous year, and therefore, snow is an auspicious sign. Jimin felt joyful at the sight and came out to admire the snow."

He still didn't have a grasp on the Kim Emperor's temperament. He had to be very careful in his wording so his head wouldn't end up rolling on the ground.

Auspicious conversation was always a safe choice, as no one disliked hearing it.

But who would have thought the faint command from the man above was, "Remove his tongue."

Jimin: "??"

Why didn't this guy play cards according to common sense?

Jimin made a quick decision and immediately bowed down. His tone remained calm, "Was what Jimin said wrong?"

This finally piqued SeokJin's interest.

If the other party acted frightened and howled for mercy upon hearing his words, then the person was a weakling with just a pretty face. Those types didn't deserve his attention—just let his guard cut out their tongue. But Jimin's expression didn't change; he even dared to ask a question, such unusual behavior. This kind of courage was most impressive.

Only because of his interest, SeokJin was willing to explain to the younger man. Otherwise, if the countless people to die at his hand all begged a reason, then there would be no end to the talking.

"Seasonable snow means a prosperous year for my Kim Empire. As someone sent as a hostage from the Park Empire, who just lost the war, you're just afraid your hatred towards the Kim Empire would show. What joyful feeling? Aren't you just deceiving this Emperor? The punishment of deceiving this Emperor is the removal of your tongue."

SeokJin said with a smile, "If you say that now you've arrived in the Kim Empire, it makes you a subject of the Kim Empire, then this means you've abandoned your family and home, we do not like this type of oily-mouthed and smooth talking."

"Young Master Park, how about you give us a reason to keep your tongue."

In a few sentences, he blocked all Jimin's retreats and threw this difficult question back to him.

Jimin answered in a warm voice, "Jimin is guilty. Just now, I was deceitful. The Park Empire is often cold, and would snow all year round. During Jimin's childhood, he often played with his mother in the snow. Now he's alone in the Kim Empire, he sees the snow yet he doesn't see his mother, this brings a slight sadness."

It wasn't wise to argue before the Emperor. Jimin quickly admitted his crime, but he must not be stopped here.

Otherwise, his sentence would be carried out.

He needed to arouse the hidden compassion inside of the Kim Emperor.

The Emperor had a cold heart, but his mother was a weakness. If not, why would such a mighty person visit the cold palace on a snowy night so often. Presumably, when the Kim Emperor was a child, he also enjoyed the love of his mother, who was now dead. Now the Emperor viewed this old scenery to seek the person whom he missed.

Jimin couldn't say that he missed his homeland, as it was the enemy empire. If he said so, it would only increase the Kim Emperor's murderous intention.

He could only say he missed his mother.

Although he had never met his birth mother and the play sessions with his adoptive mother were scheming with no true feelings behind them. So what?

As long as he could deceive the Emperor for the time being.

In fact, this whole convoluted planning was just within the space of a breath. Jimin was still bowing on the ground, looking as if he was at the Emperor's disposal.