Chapter 13

"What is there for me to be afraid of?"

An hour ago, SeokJin was still unswervingly thinking, 'How could he sleep soundly if he had only half of his bed?'

An hour later, SeokJin stared at the sleeping man and wondered why he called the other back so impulsively.

Such an insolent man, not even putting us in his eyes.

We should have left him out to freeze to death.

SeokJin tugged the covers, indignantly thinking, 'We see you asleep, let's see if you could still steal the quilt from us.'

Jimin indeed stopped fighting SeokJin for the cover.

His eyes were closed, his face exhausted, and his breathing was even and long.

The young man lay on his side, one hand rested under his head, he frowned in his sleep, and his body curled up slightly.

The quilt was rolled away by SeokJin, exposing most of the younger man's body to the cold, and his posture of curling up into a ball made him appear frailer.

SeokJin knew very well that this was how people behave when they were in a state of uneasiness.

There was a sword over Young Master Park's head consistently the moment he entered this foreign empire, and he also had to deal with this notorious tyrant. At what point could he truly feel at ease?

It appears you have moments where you show your fear.

SeokJin sneered as he threw the quilt back heavily on top of Jimin, covering the man completely.

He lifted the bed drapes and blew out the candle burning at the bedside.

The room was suddenly in complete darkness.

Only then did SeokJin lie down, grab the other end of the quilt, and close his eyes.

He actually didn't feel repulsed by Jimin.

If there was one person whose goal was to get close to you, not for your life, but who would embrace you without fear, treat you like a normal person, and have the courage to romp around with you.

How could you have the heart to push him away?

In the tranquility and darkness, the eyes of the supposedly sleeping Jimin opened, showing the crystal clear gaze.

He clutched at the brocade quilt covering him, then pulled out several folds.

He closed his eyes again after a long time.

To get a good night's sleep.

* * *

The sky was dark blue with a slight glow, and the snow that had fallen for several days had finally taken a break, as rays of sunlight appeared behind the cloud.

A few palace maids were sweeping away the snow accumulated in the Kiuda Palace Hall's courtyard. One of them finished her task, resting and leaning on the broom, before waving at the other two maids.

"Ji-an, Ji-woo, come over here, I want to tell you two something," Yena said with a mysterious expression.

Ji-an and Ji-woo glanced at each other, walked forward, and gathered around. Ji-woo asked curiously, "What is it?"