Chapter 9

"Park Jimin is such an interesting man."

Jimin said, "Asking your Majesty to please not punish this subject for the crime of discussing the court's affairs."

SeokJin stated, "Granted."

Jimin explained frankly, "Your Majesty had just returned from the court, and what displeased you should be what the minister had presented today. According to this subject's knowledge, the Kim Empire was once corrupted—where official titles were gained with wealth. Its people voiced their discontent openly as it was impossible for them to make ends meet. Since your Majesty's accession to the throne, the evil was eliminated and good triumphed. New policies were implemented to root out the local corruption, and strictly prohibit power abuse and favoritism, thus bringing about the present state of peace and tranquility within the Kim Empire."

SeokJin was neither happy nor angry. "Concubine Park grew up in the Park Empire yet knows my Kim Empire like the back of his hand."

Jimin saluted. "Your Majesty's reputation is famous throughout the six empires, who hasn't heard of your name?"

"Famous?" It was hard to tell if SeokJin was smiling or not. "Shouldn't it be notorious? We have heard that even three-year-old children on the Park Empire's roadside dare to join hands and sing the nursery rhyme of 'Park good Kim bad, the end will come'. Is Concubine Park mocking us?"

Jimin immediately knelt down. "This subject dares not. This subject only thought that your Majesty is a wise ruler and has never been criticized in matters regarding the empire, so this should be a private matter."

Jimin said calmly. "The royal family's affairs are also the Kim Empire's affairs. Your Majesty has celebrated his coming of age at twenty yet hasn't established a harem and there is no heir to the throne. This one assumed that the court counsellors had criticized for a long time but was suppressed by your Majesty for the time being, until last night happened...where your Majesty brought this subject back to the chamber. Giving others the idea that your Majesty had the original intention, so the old matter was brought up again. The topic discussed by the court today should be requesting your Majesty to expand the family and fill the back palace."

SeokJin's sharp eyes raised upward.

The young man landed on the target word by word.

Usually, a man of twenty-one already had many wives and concubines, with children running around. 

Yet as the Emperor of the Kim Empire, SeokJin had none in his harem. 

Because of being blackmailed by the Empress Dowager at an early age, he trusted no one. 

Even towards the palace maids sent by the Empress Dowager to educate him in human nature.

This continued behavior was unacceptable. 

In his earlier years, he had fought against four sides. 

Now after all six empires had surrendered to Kim, this matter couldn't be ignored.

The Young master of the Park Empire was the first person in the Emperor's harem. 

Before last night, he was considered a joke to everyone. 

Until he was carried into the Kiuda Palace Hall by SeokJin and spent the entire night in the chamber.

Those well-informed cunning people of the court immediately became active and thought that after his Majesty had a taste of the forbidden apple, the back palace would be lively soon. 

So one after another wanted to present their daughters or their granddaughters.

Resulting in today's scene at the court, where they mentioned a show to display all the talented individuals.