Chapter 5

"With you here, I will not be afraid."

Unlike the small cask in the Green Bamboo Pavilion, the Emperor had a Hot Spring Pavilion entirely for bathing. 

There was a large, hot pond inside. The walls were made of white jade, a faucet crafted into a dragon's head spouted out the liquid, and the ground beneath was heated to a warm and comfortable degree.

Jimin removed his clothes and hung them on the folding screen, stepping on the jade steps barefoot and slowly into the water. His inked hair floated on the water surface, and his radiant, creamy skin flushed slightly from the steam.

The youth scooped up a handful of water and poured it over himself, shrouding his delicate and lazy brow with steam.

Standing in the water, his gaze was deep. When he smiled, it created an instant moving attraction, as if the person residing in the water were a soul-stealing demon.

He didn't dare to prolong the bath. 

Not long after, he got out of the water, wiped his body dry, took the prepared clothes and put them on. The clothes' thin materials put no effort into hiding his slender form.

He thought that after he had bathed, there would be candied fruit waiting for him in the chamber.

But instead of taking him back, the palace workers took him around the folding screen and showed him a few things being displayed on the table.

Standing by the table was the head eunuch, Ji Sub.

He studied those playthings on the table without changing his expression.

While inside, it was like a violent revolution.

...What was that tube used for?

...Where would...that ointment be applied?

It wasn't that Jimin didn't know those answers.

It should be said that he was expecting this day would come when he decided to pick the Kim Emperor as his backer.

But-but he was still a sick person!

He hadn't broken his fever and his wounds hadn't been fully healed yet. Not to mention he was still delirious in the Emperor's eyes.

And the Kim Emperor wanted to be intimate with him in his current state?

Was that something a human would do??

Ji Sub was the Emperor's personal attendant, and his words were the Emperor's words.

The Kim Emperor was now no longer a human being in Jimin's mind.

SeokJin, who was still unaware that his reputation was harmed by misinformation, pondered in the Kiuda Palace Hall on why the younger man was taking so long.

* * *

Jimin surveyed these objects, pretending to act ignorant. Using his sickly appearance that had not yet subsided, he asked with a bewildered, feverish expression, "What are these...?"

Ji Sub served up a fake smile. "Congratulations, Concubine Park, these are good things. His Majesty has taken a fancy to you, and you will be blessed tonight.

However, there are some preparations that must be made before accepting the grace, so as not to tarnish His Majesty's Imperial body. Attendants, come and prepare Concubine Park's body."

"What are you going to do?" Confusion showed on Jimin's face as two strong palace men quickly came forward and held him by the arms, trying to place him on the table.