Chapter 13: May 5th

Sunday, May 5th

"Ugh I forgot that getting married means I have to plan shit and I have to pick a dress." Avery says flopping onto my bed. I roll my eyes and shove her off. Finn takes her spot.

"You offered to plan my wedding, so I'll help you plan yours. Aren't you doing a double forest wedding with Hailey?" Avery nods, moving to sit in Cilan's lap. "Then that's less stress, Hailey and I can plan it."

"Thank you. Wanna be my person of honor? And go dress shopping with me?"

"Of course!"

"Great! Movie time!" Cilan turns on beauty and the beast.

"Yo that candlestick kinda, hot."

"Cilan shut the hell up."

"I can definitely wait to see that ugly prince."

"Monster fucker."

"Actually he isn't wrong. The prince is ugly."

"AND I KNOW SHE'LL NEVER LEAVE ME! EVEN AS SHE FADES FROM VIEW! SHE WILL STILL INSPIRE ME BE APART OF EVERYTHING I DO! WASTING- AH! Hey! Who pushed me!"

"Shut the hell up I'm trying to cry here!"

"YES ! KILL THAT BITCH!"

"Emma Watson is so hot."

"I want that wedding dress, it's so beautiful."

"Go pick the next movie Hails!"

"No, she's gonna choose an Avengers movie to look at Chris Evans."

"You're right. I'm picking the first Captain America."

"Gross. Benji come with me to make more popcorn." Avery says, standing up. I jump up and jump over people on my way to the kitchen."

"You don't actually need help making popcorn. So what do you need?"

"I need you to read that journal."

"Why? What's the point? He told me everything already, I was there when he died dammit. I don't need to be reminded of it." I seethed.

"I get that Ben! I do and I'm so sorry you had to be there for that but he didn't tell you everything! He, he was scared so he pretended he was fine! There is so much you don't know and so much I can't tell you because you have to read it yourself. You have to find out for yourself. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." She's trying not to cry, I can tell.

I shake my head. "You don't understand. You say you do but you don't. You never had to watch your love die! You never had to hold him as his breathing stopped! You never had to go through that and I hope every day that you never will." I shove past her.

"Benji-" She reaches towards me.

"Shut up. It's fine, whatever. Let's just drop it." She nods. A few minutes later we walk out with the popcorn.