Chapter 3

I walk inside my room, the question weighing in my mind.

My foot bumps into something on the ground. It’s the grey robes the discipline handed me, I pick it up tracing the Nie symbols on the sleeves.

The Nie Sect. And my Da-ge.

I felt my eyes getting blurry, his death had pierced my heart and torn me apart. Leaving me all alone to fend for myself. And take care of the sect.

But… now that I’m back in time. He’s still alive and well.

And Jin Guangyao had not killed Da-ge yet. Or become the Sect Leader of the Jin Sect.

I have a chance to change everything.

I hold the robe tightly against my chest, my eyes filled with determination. I won’t let Jin Guangyao destroy my Brother and Sect. Never again.

I have been given a second chance. So I can use it and live this life without any regrets. I’m going to make sure he gets stopped.

I’m going to walk out of here find Jin Guangyao and reveal all of his secrets to everyone.

I get dressed in the robes, doing my hair.

I pick up the scattered books and fans and pack them away, clearing any of my personal belongings off the desk and my bed. I set them, in the corner of the room.

The only thing remaining was my sword. I pick it up, turn it around, and look at it.

I never used it in my past life as a weapon. And in this life, I won’t use it either.

I set it down on the table, before walking out the door.

Everyone was walking around in groups, chatting. Some were busy running around packing anything left behind as it was the last day any discipline spend in Cloud Recesses.

“Young Master!” Some of the Nie Disciplines pass by, greeting me with a bow. I smile, greeting them back as I make my way to the main hall.

Everything was lively in contrast to the light grey clouds which hung over our heads. But it was the best weather you got here at Cloud Recesses, it was on a mountain after all.

I step inside the hall people were huddled together, eating breakfast. There was a sea of colors as disciplines had discarded the plain white robes which we got handed here and were dressed in their sect colors.

I had to find Jin Guangyao first, I’m pretty sure he traveled here so he could escort me back to Qinghe as per my brother's wishes.

Before I do so I heard a voice call me.

“Brother Nie!!” I turn around to see brother Wei sitting at a table, his sister was beside him. He was wearing his usual black and red robes, while his sister wore purple and pink.

He waves at me, “Come join us for breakfast.” He gestures to the seat next to him.

I hesitate, I had to find Jin Guangyao…

But I give in, I should have breakfast before I run off to do anything.

“Young Master Nie.” Jiang Yanli bows to me.

“Young Lady Jiang.” I bow back.

“Here have some porridge.” Brother Wei passes me a bowl. He looks around before leaning in, “My ShiJie made it so it’s not bland. Unlike the porridge, they feed us here.” He shudders.

I hear Jiang Yanli let out a giggle, “A-Xian, you are judging. It’s not that bad!”

Brother Wei shakes his head, letting out a huff. “Your porridge is better.”