Chapter 4

Jiang Cheng glances at Xichen-ge before looking at me raising one of his eyebrows.

“You want to talk to both of us?” He asks, confused.

“Y-yes.” I stutter out, his gaze piercing me.

“Is it something serious?” Xichen-ge asks, his eyes searching mine.

Well, serious for me.

“Nothing serious.” I laugh nervously, getting up from my seat.

“Thank you for the porridge, it was delicious,” I say to Jiang Yanli.

“Of course!” She smiles at me.

“You didn’t even finish the bowl.” Brother Wei mutters under his breath, tugging one of my sleeves.

“I took a bite, and I’m full,” I whisper back, also I lost my appetite because of what I’m going to do next.

I could tell brother Wei was going to say more, but before he can say something Lan Wangji appears at the entrance of the main hall.

Brother Wei’s head turns away, his attention drawn to Lan Wangji.

“Lan Zhan!” He waves at him.

I let out a breath of relief, I thank Lan Wangji secretly.

Lan Wangji approaches our table, his eyes locked on brother Wei. “What?”

This is my chance.

“Can we go?” I look at Jiang Cheng and Xichen-ge.“I promise I won’t take much of your time. I know you both have work to do…” 

I smile at them, I really didn't want to do this…

No. I have to.

"Of course, Huaisang" Xichen-ge smiles. "And don’t worry, you won't waste my time." He reassures me.

"Alright, it won't take that long anyway." Jiang Cheng says getting up. "Lead the way." He gestures to the entrance of the hall.

I swallow, "Right." I turn to the entrance.

“Brother where are you going?” Lan Wangji stops us.

“Somewhere close by, tell uncle. “He turns around putting a hand on Lan Wangj’s shoulder, giving him some type of comfort. ”I’ll be back right after.” 

Lan Wangji’s eyes look over me and Jiang Cheng as if he was measuring us, then he looks back at his brother.

“Mn.” 

His eyes looked very…alert? What had happened during this time that I’m forgetting? Before I could think more, I snap out of my thoughts as Xichen-ge speaks.

“Lead the way, Huaisang.”

Now, the only feeling I could feel now was my stomach churning. I nod faintly turning around, I could hear their footsteps following me. I turn the corner before stopping as I realized something. I don’t even know where I’m taking them.

“I’m pretty sure you said alone? Not in the middle of a hallway with people. “ I turn around to see Jiang Cheng, his hands folded over his chest.

I feel my cheeks heat up in embarrassment, as people pass by stopping to greet Xichen-ge. He smiles at them greeting them back, before turning his attention to me.

"I don't know a place where we can talk alone…" I fiddle with my sleeves, and that's when I realize that I didn't have a fan with me. I can't hide behind anything either, now I felt even worse. How could I forget? I always carry one around. Oh…wait, I left it because I stormed off to find Jin Gaugayo.