Chapter 12

"Ha! Instead of running away from us they run towards us! How dumb can the Nie disciplines be." The Wen discipline laughs, raising his sword to slash me across the chest in one fatal blow.

I hold my breath seeing the raised blade. My body tenses, wanting to get up and run or even try to dodge the blow which was about to come. I felt helpless, I couldn't block it since I didn't have my saber with me and I wouldn't be fast enough to jerk away at the last second. And even if I dodged it running away from him would be a bigger task.

My options were not that great... I felt my heart clench in fear.

Was this how I was going to die?

"Stop!" I hear a voice say snapping me out of my thoughts, I look to see another Wen discipline come into view he looks at me in surprise as a look of familiarity passes his face. "Are you dumb!? Can't you see that's the Young Master of the Nie clan?"

The one holding his sword to strike me narrows his eyes, staring at me for a second before he brings his sword back down to his side recognizing me as well.

"We shouldn't kill him! Leave him for our young master." The other Wen discipline continues he looks pleased with the idea he had just said as he approaches me kneeling down to take a hold of my left arm and dragging me up to my feet.

I stumble a bit, my legs still weak from the running I did before.

"Let's go, we'll take you to our young master. He is going to be very happy to see you." The discipline who had raised his sword a moment before takes a hold of my right arm squeezing it tightly as he smiles at me, a dark look in his eyes.

I take in a sharp breath at the pain which makes its way up my arm before they drag me across the hallways to wherever Wen Chao is. I don't know if I should feel happy or scared about the fact that they didn't kill me.

The only thing running through my mind now is that...

This was not good.

At all.

As they drag me towards the screams and yells coming from outside, all I can see was the walls stained with blood and bodies. Some of them were Nie while the others were Wens. I flinch at the smell of blood which was so intense that I could almost taste it on my tongue.

I avert my eyes to the ground as my eyes land on one of the Nie disciplines, I couldn't bare to look at the bodies of any of them. Because I felt a pang in my chest every time my eyes landed on another familiar face on the ground. Some of them had been in the main hall this afternoon, having lunch with me.

"Can't handle the bloodshed, little maiden?" The Wen discipline, who had the idea to take me to Wen Chao mocks me, looking at my face in amusement."You really are so weak, it's going to make me laugh!"

I flinch at what he says, but don't say anything back. The faces of the Nie disciplines lying on the ground, dead. Still fresh in my mind.

And it's not like I could say anything back, by now my robes were sticking to my back completely as I was drenched in sweat and my throat was dry from the lack of water which I realized I needed now that the rush of adrenaline had washed over me.

Even if I tried to talk, it would come out broken and cracked.

As we approach the entrance to our main courtyard suddenly the quiet hallways filled with dead bodies and familiar faces fade away from my sight. As I am met with the scene of the Wen and Nie disciplines fighting each other.

I could hear the yells and grunts of the disciplines as they fought with each other, the sound of swords and sabers clashing against each other echoed across the courtyard. The rustling of robes in the wind as someone tried to dodge an attack or jabbed back with their weapon.