Chapter 11

What was that!?

I get up, shoving the hairpin back into my robes before pulling the door to my room wide open. I step out into the hallway and see two of our younger disciplines running in my direction. They both had their sabers out, one’s arm was bleeding like it had been slashed by a sword. The other had a gash on his cheek.

“What happened to both of you?” I yell out in shock, there was no reason for them to be this badly injured.

They spot me and run faster to catch up. “Young Master!” One of them shouts, coming to a stop in front of me.

He takes a hold of my arm trying to drag me with him, I struggle trying to stand my ground, “You should come with us and hide.”

“Hide?” I ask him as I stop struggling, the other discipline was looking at the direction they just came running from trying to push me along as well. Now that they were up close, I could see how pale they both looked.

“What happened?” I ask worried, both of their faces were drenched with sweat and they were breathing very heavily.

They both look at each other as if deciding who was going to tell me before one of them stutters out, “I-it’s the--”

“There they are!” I hear a yell behind me, the two disciplines freeze up one of them shaking in fear.

I look behind me to see two men dressed in red robes, they ran towards us with their swords out which glinted in the sunlight shining in through the windows. And as they got closer the designs on their robes became clearer.

That's…my eyes widen at the design of their robes.

Disciplines of the Wen clan.

I grab the arms of both of the younger disciplines turning around to run when a saber flies over our heads and I hear the thud of two bodies falling to the ground.

“Huiasang!” I look up to see my brother running towards us he had a bit of blood on his robes which I doubted was his. Jin Guangyao was right behind him and he also had splatters of blood on himself. My brother’s saber Baxia flies back into his hand. “Are you alright!?” He asks me, his eyes looking over me trying to find even a scratch.

“I’m fine Da-ge.” I reassure him, “but…those were disciples of the Wen clan weren’t they? why are they here?” I ask him, it made no sense for them to be here at all and he had just killed them, and the blood on his robes…

“We have been ambushed by Wen Chao.” My brother says, I see his face twitch his hand getting tighter on Baxia. “He attacked when no one was looking, the work of a true coward. Ha.”

Ambushed!? From what I remember that didn’t happen in my past life…he had appeared at the gates and then challenged my brother to a fight, but then again. I let out a sigh, nothing was going like the past anyway.

I couldn’t rely on it to know what was going to happen anymore.

“You and the younger ones should go hide.” My brother says looking at me and the two younger disciplines. I snap out of my thoughts blinking at him.

“Yes, Sect Leader.” The two say, giving him a bow one of them was still shaking from before. 

But I don’t agree, there was no way I was leaving him alone to fight.

“What?” I frown, “No--”

“Don’t argue with me!” My brother yells at me gritting his teeth, I open my mouth to argue back but stop as I  see his eyes they were panicked. I realize he wasn’t angry at me but was worried.