Chapter 14

(A/N: I’m soo sorry I was gone for so long! Personal things came up, and I couldn’t find time to write at all! But, I’m finally back now! Sorry again for the long wait!!)

I look at Brother Wei, unlike other disciplines whose robes were ripped in certain places, or their hair was out of place. His robes and hair were in perfect condition, as if he had not fought the Wens at all. The only thing showing the fact that he had fought was his sword which was gleaming with blood.

Behind him you could see disciplines fighting, swords clashing against each other. Brother Wei smiles, ignoring the rukus behind him as he swings his sword over his shoulder, before leaning slightly on his right leg in a relaxed gesture.

He blinks,“What was I saying…?” He taps his chin with his finger his lips pursed together as he thinks, before  hsi eyes light up and he snaps his fingers together.”Ah, Right!”

He looks at his sword cleaning it using his robes, “You should listen to your discipline and leave. I made a deal with him; I don’t kill you and in return, you and all of your disciplines leave the Unclean Realm.” He glances at Wen Zhuliu, who turns around to face him stiffening a bit as he realizes who he is.

Brother Wei finally looks up at Wen Chao from cleaning his sword ”So go ahead and leave.” He says cheerfully, before his eyes land on me in surprise.

“Brother Nie…?” He asks confused, his eyebrows coming together on his head. His eyes scan my face and then my neck in shock. I open my mouth to talk to him but start coughing. He looks at me in worry, before his eyes land on the hand on my collar.

I feel Wen Chao’s grip loosen on my collar as Brother Wei’s eyes land on his hand. I look up at him, he had turned pale. I have the impulse to smile at how scared he is but frown as I feel my head throb.

I think that even if I was saved from the wrath of the Yin Metal, it still had an effect on my body making me weak. Which from the looks of it I was feeling right now.

“Wha--?” Brother Wei starts to say before he realizes something glaring at Wen Chao. His playful demeanor disappeared. “You hurt Brother Nie,” He says.

I see Wen Chao, take a nervous gulp.

“Master…” I hear Wen Zhuliu say he was looking at Brother Wei. Noticing the shift in his mood he walks closer to me and Wen Chao, his back facing us as he keeps his eyes on Brother Wei. “Let’s leave.”

“He’s right. Leave.” Brother Wei says, as he stands up from leaning on his right leg, both of his feet on the ground as he brings his now clean sword to his side.“I’m a man of my word. Leave and I won’t hurt you.” His eyes are cold as they pierce Wen Chao.

I feel Wen Chao’s hand on my collar tremble, I look up at his face. He looked like he was about to faint, sweat forming on his brows as his breathing quickens. But he purses his lips together before, looking at Brother Wei and scoffing like he wasn’t scared at all. 

“And what if I don’t leave quietly?” He snaps back at brother Wei, and I almost shake my head at his stupidity. The odds were stacked against him, but he still couldn’t keep his mouth shut.

Brother Wei blinks in surprise, before laughing. Wen Chao flinches, at Brother Wei’s  change of demeanor.

“I’m really thinking of taking back my offer to let you go. Wen Chao.” He smiles, but I see a glint of anger in his eyes.

“Ha! Why scared to fight me?” Wen Chao says back, I look up at him in disbelief his face was still pale and his hand was still trembling in fear yet he still had to have the last word. Is he out of his mind!?

“No…” Brother Wei tilts his head, “ I can’t let you leave so easily after you hurt my brother-in-law now, can I?” He says smiling sweetly.

Unlike the last time when Wen Chao had started laughing at me being Lan Wangji’s brother-in-law. He freezes, his eyes widening as a look of confusion clouds his face, he looks at me then Brother Wei. “Brother-in-law!? But isn’t he marrying Zewu-jun? He’s Lan Wangji’s brother-in-law…how can he be your brother-in-law as well?”

Brother Wei laughs shaking his head, “Well because he’s marrying into both sects.” He shrugs saying it like it was a well-known fact. “Or to explain it better since Brother Nie is so handsome he ended up charming both Zewu-jun and my brother as well!”

He looks at me and winks jokingly as if trying to make me feel better, but it instantly turns worried. As I try to smile back at the joke but my eyes end up drooping a little as my head throbs again and I sag on my feet.

This was not good, at this rate I'm going to faint very soon. I shake my head trying to stay conscious.

Brother Wei swings his sword around, walking closer to us as he notices how weak I am. I see Wen Chao flinch at his movement, while Wen Zhuliu walks closer to me and Wen Chao his back to us as he faces Brother Wei with his sword out in front of him, ready to block Brother Wei from hurting Wen Chao.

“Master, you should let him go...” Wen Zhuliu says, glancing back at me then turning his attention back to Brother Wei.

I see Wen Chao hesitate tightening his hold on my collar as he looks at me, and I could see the inner turmoil in his eyes of fear and pride. He was scared of Brother Wei, but his pride and arrogance was stopping him from surrendering. He scoffs, opening his mouth to say something back to brother Wei, but gets interrupted as we hear a loud thud on our right.

I look over to my right and see my brother and Lan Wangji standing there. I blink in confusion, were they here before?

My brother had a scowl on his face as he looks down at the body he had just killed, he was breathing heavily and had sweat dripping off his forehead. While Lan Wangji was standing next to him breathing heavily as well but, glaring at Wen Chao. They both had dead bodies surrounding them, all of them were Wen disciplines.

My eyes widen in realization as I recall that they were fighting the Wens who were blocking their way to me and Wen Chao. When Wen Chao was using the Yin Metal on me, I had forgotten about them because I was trying to fight the effects of the Metal on me.

“There’s no way you can escape Wen Chao,” Brother Wei says as he walks closer, holding out his sword. ”You are surrounded on both sides.”

I see my brother and Lan Wangji walk closer as well, the three of them close in on me, Wen Chao and Wen Zhuliu who was still holding up his sword in defense. Brother Wei on our left while my brother and Lan Wangji on our right.

“Let my brother go, Wen Chao.”My brother growls out. I look at Wen Chao he looks at the three from left to right, his eyes wide in fear.

“Master, let him go.” Wen Zhuliu says as he glances at the three figures surrounding us moving closer and standing with his shoulder touching Wen Chao’s, “And we can escape mostly unharmed.”

Wen Chao slowly nods once in fear ,no convincing needed this time but. I see a flash of something in his eyes, as he smirks and instead of just letting go of my collar he shoves me away from himself and everyone else. I stumble backward not being able to keep my balance. My eyes widen as I fall backward, not being able to stop myself from falling.

I reach out trying to grab something which is not there, as I close my eyes getting dizzy at the sudden change of motion.

“Huaisang!” I hear a yell before I feel an arm go around both my shoulders stopping my fall. I let out a groan as my head gets thrown back. I squeeze my eyes shut trying to make the dizziness go away.

I felt so weak, and my head was throbbing very badly. The after effects of the Yin Metal was getting to me.

I open my eyes to see a blurry face and familiar brown eyes frantically mouthing something I can’t hear.

“Da-ge?” I gasp out the question coughing before my head gets heavy and I finally close my eyes, seeing only darkness. The only thing I could hear was swords clashing against each other, yelling, and scared shouts.

And finally silence.

(A/N: What is your favorite part about this chapter?)