Chapter 16

A/N: Sorry I was gone for so long...but I got so sick that I had to go to the hospital and then the doctor advised rest...so I took it... anyways! I'm back now! Hope you enjoy the Chapter! ☺️❤️
--

After I ask the question, Brother Wei looks at me puzzled. 

“Why are you so curious to know Brother Nie?” He asks me, frowning in confusion. “ We drove the Wens out of the Unclean Realm. What's more to know about it?” 

“Your right, Brother Wei.” I say agreeing with him, “But… I heard screams before I lost consciousness, and I was wondering, why people were screaming.“ It was a thought which has been circling my head since I had gotten up.  

But--I feel my eyes widen as I look up at my brother in panic. “Was it because of me? Did Wen Chao hurt the Nie disciplines because of me?” It was a possibility, it wouldn’t be the first time Wen Chao had done that.

If he didn’t get what he wanted he would go after innocent people, just so he could feed into his ego and feel better about himself. But if he ended up hurting people because of me… I clench the blanket in my fists.

I didn’t want that to happen. 

“No, he didn’t,” My brother says noticing my panic, he walks over to me putting his hand on my shoulder. “None of the Nie disciplines were screaming, Huaisang.” He reassures me, his brown eyes firm. 

I relax letting out a sigh of relief, but it soon turns into confusion. “If it wasn't the Nie disciplines, then--”

“It was Wen disciplines,” Wangji says, I look at him in surprise. He just looks at me, his hand behind his back and his posture straight, standing as still as a statute.

“The Wen disciplines?” I ask him in confusion he nods back curtly in response, “I get that you drove them out, but why would they scream?” 

I see Brother Wei break out into a grin, “because I stabbed Wen Zhuliu in his shoulder.” I look at him in surprise.

“Stabbed him?” I ask him, and he nods his hair bobbing along with the movement of his head.

“When Wen Chao shoved you, and Sect Leader Nie ran to your side,” Brother Wei says nodding at my brother before continuing to talk, “I was planning on stabbing Wen Chao, but Wen Zhuliu ended up blocking my sword with himself.”

“Oh…” I say, so Wen Zhuliu got stabbed while protecting Wen Chao. “They screamed because you stabbed Wen Zhuliu?” I ask him, that seemed odd….but not out of the question.

He was the most skilled out of anyone in the Wen Sect, so if he got injured it made sense for them to panic. Without him, they would have felt helpless. 

“Well at first yes,” Brother Wei says, before his smile falls off his face and he crosses his arms  looking at the ground in deep thought, “Then they started screaming because Xue Yang started attacking them.” 

I see my brother nod from the corner of my eye as he sits down on the stool next to my bed. “It was very unusual.” He agrees with Brother Wei,” He left all the Nie disciplines unharmed. And went after the Wen disciplines.” 

I feel myself turn pale, as I avert my eyes to my lap. The conversation I had with Xue Yang in the prison cells flashed in my mind.

“It surprised me, especially because I had ordered his imprisonment, but he didn’t go after anyone from our sect.” My brother continues talking, I feel sweat start to form on my brow. “I wonder why--” 

“Is something wrong brother-in-law?” I snap my eyes back up to Wangji, who holds my stare. He had his eyes on me from the beginning, watching my reaction. My brother stops talking and looks at me confused. I feel Brother Wei’s eyes on me as well.