Dragonstone

It was dark in Syrax's riding bag. It was also uncomfortable. But Jessica managed to stay still. Rhaenyra was off to Dragonstone to see Daemon and Jessica was not about to miss that opportunity. She felt Syrax turn and Jessica held on tightly. Jessica bounced slightly as Syrax landed and Jessica clamped her hand over her mouth to keep from screaming.

She heard Rhaenyra dismount and head off. Jessica glanced a peak out, but there were too many guards for her to really see anything. She carefully climbed down from Syrax and made her way through the guards.

"What are you doing here Princess?" Otto Hightower asked Rhaenyra.

"Preventing bloodshed." Rhaenyra answered curtly.

Otto sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Ser Criston, escort the Princess to safety."

"I think Syrax would eat you." Jessica stated plainly.

Every head turned to her.
"You were asleep." Rhaenyra blinked. "I left you asleep."

"I was only pretending to sleep Nyra." Jessica crossed the bridge to Daemon. She held her arms up to him, wanting to be held.

Daemon looked down at her, sheathed his sword and scooped her up in one graceful movement. Jessica in one arm, the egg in the other.

"Are you going to have a baby?" Jessica cocked her head.

Daemon gave a small smile before kissing her forehead.

"I just want to make sure I still can come visit..." Jessica nuzzled against Daemon's neck.

"We're right here Uncle, The objects of your ire, the reasons that you were disinherited. If you wish to be restored as heir, you'll have to kill us."

"Us?" Daemon questioned.

"The moment I fall, Jesscareya will become the rightful heir." Rhaenyra folded her arms behind her.

"Now I believe you would have it in you to kill me." Rhaenyra's focus shifted to Jessica. "I do not believe, not for a moment, you have it in you to lay one finger on her."

Daemon's lips thinned into a line then he tossed the egg to Rhaenyra.

He still held firm to Jessica.
"The young Princess -" Otto began to interject.

"I'd advise you not to finish that statement. I have no issue removing your tongue."

Daemon shifted Jessica so that he had fully supported her.

"I want to stay..." Jessica pouted, tears in her eyes.

"I know sweet one, I know." Daemon shuhed her.

"Then come home." Jessica pleaded.

He gave a small smile and pressed his forehead to hers. "When your dragon is big enough. You and I will take trips across the Seven Kingdoms."

Jessica reached up and pressed her hand to his cheek. They stayed like that until Daemon sat her down. He kissed her palm sweetly before heading back inside Dragonstone.

"Come on..." Rhaenyra took Jessica's hand, tears in her eyes as well.

Jessica fell asleep against Rhaenyra on the flight back to King's Landing.

"You disobeyed me!" Viserys looked at Rhaenyra as she carried Jessica into his chambers.

"I got the egg back safely." Rhaenyra laid Jessica down on the bed.

"You took a five year old to Dragonstone on dragon back!" Viserys was pacing.

"No a five year old snuck into the riding bag and took herself to Dragonstone to see her Uncle."

Viserys blinked in surprise. "You two are my only heirs! You both could have been killed."

Rhaenyra turned her head to the bed. "I think Jessica is the reason why we're not..."

Viserys sighed and followed her gaze. Jessica was clutching her own egg as she slept peacefully away.

"Look." Rhaenyra sighed. "We retrieved the egg without bloodshed. A feat I'm sure Ser Otto could not have accomplished alone."

Viserys looked between the two girls. "She misses her mother."

"Yes. She does." Rhaenyra agreed. "And so do I..."

Viserys squeezed her shoulder. "I don't intend to replace your Mother. Or you as heir."

Rhaenyra gave a nod, falling silent.

"Let her sleep here." Viserys nodded to Jessica. "Best not to disturb her."