Funeral Rights

Jessica groaned when she felt the side of her bed dip. "Aegon its too early for your shit."

"Something you need to tell me?" Rhaenyra tilted her head to the side as she ran her fingers through Jessica's hair.

"Mmm.  No." Jessica opened her eyes and leaned up.

"You sure? The other side of your bed is disturbed."

Jessica looked over. Rhaenyra was right. The blankets were in dissaray and as much as an uneasy sleeper she was, it would take more than just her to accomplish that.

Jessica sighed. "Aemond must have joined me last night. He normally ends up in my bed at some point. Though he usually wakes me up."

The girls held each others gaze, and Jessica wondered if she would believe her. Rhaenyra sighed. "He's getting to old to coddle like that Jessica. He'll start to grow into a man in a year or two."

"I know. But let him be little for as long as he can be." Jessica rose from the bed throwing on her robe.

"Are you feeling better? Father said you took ill last night."

Jessica nodded, her stomach had mostly settled. "Yes. I just didn't fare well traveling by boat."

Rhaenyra pulled her into a hug. Jessica wrapped her arms around her sister, holding her tightly.

"Come on. Let's get you ready."
Rhaenyra helped Jessica dress. It was a long sleeved gown, black velvet at the top that tapered down into green. Rhaenyra sighed. "Alicent has been having her fun."

Jessica's lips thinned as she stared in the mirror bur said nothing as they broke their fast and headed out to the funeral.

It was a cool sea breeze as everyone gathered. Vaemond Velaryon had no problem diving into a eulogy. Jessica tuned out most of it, she was weaving a prayer wheel out of old driftwood and rope for Rhaenys.

Her weaving slowed as she heard Daemon snicker. Slowly she raised her head, and the tension was now palpable. She sighed, and began to sing an old sailor's hymn.

Speed bonnie boat like a bird on the wing. Onward! The sailor cry; Carry the lad who was born to be King. Over the sea to Skye.
Loud the winds howl, loud the waves roar, Thunderclaps rend the air; Baffled our foes stand by the shore, Follow they will not dare. 

Speed bonnie boat like a bird on the wing. Onward! The sailor cry; Carry the lad who was born to be King. Over the sea to Skye.
Though the waves leap, soft shall ye sleep. Ocean's a royal bed. Rocked in the deep, flora will keep. Watched by your weary head.

Speed bonnie boat like a bird on the wing. Onward! The sailor cry; Carry the lad who was born to be King. Over the sea to Skye.
Burned in their homes; exile and death. Scatter the loyal men; Yet ere the sword cool in the sheath, Fire will come again.

Speed bonnie boat like a bird on the wing. Onward! The sailor cry; Carry the lad who was born to be King. Over the sea to Skye.

All eyes were on her as she wove and sung. But it seemed to have defused the tension around her.

Daemon caught her eye. There was a smirk and a wink before he bowed his head.

Everyone has gathered round the balcony once the funeral had concluded. Helaena was sitting close to Jessica a spider in her hand. She kept muttering over again. "Hands turn loom; spools of black; dragons of flesh weaving dragons of thread."

Jessica let her mumble. She knew trying to pry into a deeper meaning would only upset her. She kept on weaving.

She glanced as Aegon and Aemond were in conversation.
Aegon sneered. "We have nothing in common."