The Kingswood

Three years had passed since Starfyre hatched from her egg. And she had grown at a rather alarming rate. The dragon handlers, when they could get close to her said she could possibly rival Vhagars.

Starfyre hated the dragon pits and more often than not refused to go in except to sleep. She was also testy with who handled her. If Jessica wasn't there, than you might as well forget her listening.

Thankfully Syrax was always watching close by and helped reign Starfyre in. They had become sisters in a way. And once Jessica could fly Starfyre, she and Rhaenyra would take daily flights together.

Currently, she was stuck inside a carriage, pouting.

"Why don't you come join us." Alicent patted the seat next to her.

"No thank you." Jessica mumbled.

Viserys sighed, he was bouncing her younger brother Aegon on his knee. "You can't stay in the castle by yourself, Jessie. You're too little."

Jessica turned her attention back to the window. She had not grown accustomed to the new family dynamics well. "I wouldn't be in the Red Keep."

"Oh?" Viserys smiled as this was all a game. "And where would you be?"

Jessica looked at him completely serious. "The Stepstone."

"They're at war, Sweet Girl." Alicent tried to reason.

"A minor disagreement, really." Jessica argued.

The carriage hit a bump and Jessica bounced off her seat and onto the floor.

"Come here." Rhaenyra sighed and scooped her onto her lap.

"Don't you thinks she's to old to be coddled." Alicent sighed.

"Not two minutes ago you were going on how she's too little. Which way is it?"

"Why must it be like this Rhaenyra?" Viserys sighed. "You should join me on the hunt."

Rhaenyra drew Jessica close and gently rubbed her back. "I'd rather not."

"The boars squeal like chickens when they are being slaughtered."

"That's discomforting." Jessica curled into her sister.

"Its a hunt girls...."

That's how the rest of the carriage went. Jabs and hits...it was divided. It was Viserys' hope that Jessica would take to Aegon the way she did Baelon. But Jessica never did. She rarely visited the nursery. She had also stopped visiting Viserys chambers as much.

The carriage pulled to a stop in the Kingswood. Viserys departed first, followed by Alicent.

"Hail, hail Aegon, the Conqueror-Babe, Second of his name! Here's to His Grace on his second name day."

Jessica suppressed an eyeroll as she clung to Rhaenyra's arm.

"You know." Rhaenyra smiled down at her. "They called you the 'Fairest of them All' when it was your second name day. And you had blackberries and lemon cake smothered across your face."

Jessica looked up and gave Rhaenyra a small smile.

"Come on." Rhaenyra guided her into the tents.

Jessica was unimpressed, the ladies were huddled over to one side of the tent while the men occupied the other. Save for Larys Strong. She never cared for that man. Every time he went and patted her head it sent chills down her spine.

"Come join us." Alicent smiled over at the pair.

Rhaenyra looked down at Jessica, gave a sigh and lead her over to the cluster of women.