Feast of the Sea

Jessica knocked on the door to Alicent's chambers. She took a breath as she was escorted inside. Alicent smiled as she entered. Jessica gave a curtsy. "Your Grace."

Alicent dismissed the staff leaving them alone.

Once alone, Alicent wrapped her arms around Jessica tightly. Jessica froze but then melted into her, hugging Alicent back.

"Are you alright? That fall from that height. It's a miracle that you're standing."

Jessica nodded. "I'm alright, Your Grace. Just cold. The masters said I should not take ill."

"Jessica I've told you, it need not be like this...we don't need to be like this."

When Jessica did not answer, Alicent pulled back to look Jessica in the face. "I mean it."

Jessica nodded. "Of course."
She sighed and squeezed her shoulder. "What are you planning on wearing tonight."

"The dress I wore to the service this morning...but now I'll have to rethink that decision." That dress was still soaking wet and freezing.

"I brought a dress along. I would be honored if you would wear it tonight." Alicent went over to the larger trunk and pulled out a dress. She laid it out on the bed.

"I didn't realize that you still had that dress in your possession." No matter how hard she tried, Jessica could not take her eyes off it. It looked like the tailors had preserved it well, and it would definitely make a statement.

"I had it fitted to your measurements. It was something I wanted to give to you for a while now."

Jessica this time initiated the hug. Alicent pulled her close. She kissed her temple, stroking her hair.

Her smiled softened. "Oh my Sweet Girl."

Alicent pulled back and looked at Jessica. "Sometimes I forget how much you've grown. I still remember you as a tiny little thing."

Jessica took a breath if she was going to do it, now would be the time.

Alicent noticed and caught her face gently. "Something's on your mind, Sweet Girl."

Jessica nodded, "It is, and I can't talk to Rhaenyra about it. And Daemon would never allow me to have this conversation."

Alicent tucked Jessica's hair behind her ears. "You can tell me. This conversation will stay between us."

Jessica bit her lip. "Aegon doesn't want to marry Helaena."

This was not the way Alicent thought this conversation was going. Jessica knew this. But she wasn't going to spill anything about her and Daemon.

Alicent rubbed Jessica's arm. "I know he doesn't."

"I don't want to go to Dorne." Jessica simply stated. "And you and Father will not allow me to marry Daemon."

Alicent also knew this was coming. "In truth, I do not wish to send you to Dorne. I've had my reservations about the potential match for some time. And no. Marrying you off to Daemon Targaryen is absolutely out of the question."

Jessica gave a smile, pushing the emotions down. She took both Alicent's hands.

"But you are expected to marry, Jessica. None of us are above duty and tradition."

Jessica was shaking her head in agreement. "I know. And if I have to marry, wed me to Aegon. And allow Helaena to marry Aemond."

Alicent looked at her, searching her eyes to see if this was a hoax. To see if Jessica was bluffing.