The Blacks and The Greens

Viserys was eerily calm. Jessica knew he was pissed off beyond measure. "How could you allow such a thing to happen?" He was pacing back and forth.

Alicent was seated close to the fire, next to Aemond. The Maesters were patching his eye up.

Jessica was sitting in the chair with Aemond, his head in her chest while he was getting his final stitches. He had refused to let her out of his sight, and hadn't let the masters touch him until she was there. His hand had been intertwined with hers since the Maesters began their work.

Ser Harrold bowed his head. "The princes were supposed to be abed, my king."

Viserys shook his head, clearly unsatisfied with that answer. "Who had the watch?"

He turned to Jessica. She gave him a knowing look. She opened her mouth, but Criston Cole had begun talking.

"The young prince was attacked by his own cousins, Your Grace. I apologize Your Grace but the Kingsguard never had to defend princes from princes."

Alicent sighed. "It will heal, will it not Maester?"

The Maester looked up to Jessica and then to Alicent. "The flesh will heal, Your Grace. But I'm afraid the eye is lost."

Alicent stood and went to Aegon. He had been hovering close to Jessica,  a hand resting on her shoulder. "And where were you?"

"Me?" Aegon questioned. Alicent slapped him. "Ow! What was that for?"

Alicent sneered. "That was nothing compared to the abuse your brother suffered while you were drowning in your cups, you fool. Your sister was left to defend him alone."

At this time the doors flew opened. Corlys lead the way, Rhaenys behind him. Rhaenyra followed close behind and Daemon leaned against the door frame.
Rhaena and Baela ran to Rhaenys as soon as she stepped into the room. Jace and Luke went to Rhaenyra.

"What happed?" Rhaenyra asked.

All four kids began talking at once. "He attacked me! He broke Lukes nose! He stole my mother's dragon!"

"A dragon is not a slave." Jessica rose from the chair and  crossed to the middle of the room.

Baela stepped forward. "He had no right Jessie!"

Jessica sighed and gently brushed her cheek. "Vhagar has every right to chose who rides her."

Baela was shaking her head no. Jessica sighed and pulled her into a hug. "I know this doesn't seem fair, Baela. And I know how much you desire to have a dragon. And you will have one, Sweet Girl, when the time allows."

Jessica looked past Baela to Rhaenys who mouthed a silent, thank you. She let Baela go and she returned to Rhaenys' side.

"He was going to kill Jace!" Luke tugged at Rhaenyra's dress.

Jessica shrank back against  Viserys. He put an arm around her and kissed her temple.

Luke looked up at his mother. "He called us bastards."

Viserys' eyes widened. "Aemond..."

Aemond simply reached out his hand to Jessica, who returned to his side.

"I will have the truth." Viserys repeated once again.

Alicent blinked, her mouth opening then closing settling on the words. "Your son has been maimed. Her son," Alicent pointed towards Luke and Jace, "is responsible."

Jessica turned her back toward the crowd and turned her gaze to the fire. It was late, she was blood covered and just wanted this nonsense to be put to rest.