We Light The Way

Jessica kept twirling in front of the large mirror. The dress that had been designed for the Welcome Feast was prettier than any dress Jessica had ever owned. The dress was a bright crimson red overlay with a gold shimmering underlay. Golden roses were embedded into the bodice and there was even a train to the end of her skirts. Rubies were woven into her hair and a giant bow secured everything into place. Jessica was twirling around and around when Rhaenyra came in.

"Look at you Sweet Girl!" Rhaenyra beamed as she scooped her up and spun her round and round.

Jessica look down touching her necklace, a smiled turned pensive.

Rhaenyra set her down and met her at eye level. "What is it Jessie?"

Jessica found the floor interesting. "Everything is going to change now isn't it? You're going to go live at High Tide..."

Rhaenyra lifted her chin so Jessica was looking into her eyes. "Leanor is coming here to King's Landing."

Jessica perked up. "Really?"
Rhaenyra beamed. "Cross my heart."

Jessica smiled and took her face in her hands. Rhaenyra nuzzled. "Do I look like a bride?"

Jessica kissed her forehead. "You look like a Queen."

There were tears tears in her eyes as she stood and took Jessica's hand. The pair of them met up with the father, and the trio kicked up the processional of guests. Following them came House Lannister with Lord Jason Lannister. Hobert Hightower, Alicent's Grandsire followed behind the Lannisters. And after them came Ser Gerold Royce. A few minor house made their way in. Jessica was sat between her Father and his new Lord Hand Lyonel Strong.
Jessica looked out at the crowd but nothing stuck to her. She began picking at the skin around her nails. Lyonel gently patted her hand. "Princess. Is everything alight?"

Jessica gave a courtly smiled and nodded. "Yes. Thank you Lord Strong."

They sat in silence as more guests made their arrival. Finally the groom appeared. Ser Harrold ushered them in. "Lord Corlys of House Velaryon. Lord of the Tides, Master of Driftmark. And his lady wife, the Princess Rhaenys Targaryen. And their son and heir Ser Laenor Velaryon, their future king consort."

Jessica stood with the rest of her family and made their way around to the front of the table.
Rhaenyra smiled. "My Betrothed."

"My Betrothed." Leanor responded kissing her hand. He then smiled down at Jessica.

"Princess." Leanor knelt down and kissed her hand.

Jessica giggled and bowed her head. "Ser Laenor."

Everyone was seated. Viserys stood. "Be welcome, as we join together in celebration. Tonight is only its beginning. We honor the crown's oldest and fiercest ally, House Velaryon. Reaching back to the days of Old Valyria and the Age of Dragons. With House Targaryen and H..."

The doors opened and there stood Alicent. Viserys stopped and watched her poignantly. She took her time crossing the great hall and took her seat beside Jessica. She smiled and kissed her temple. "You look lovely here Sweet Girl."

The feasting began, and Jessica picked at her food. Viserys put a hand to her forehead.

"Do I need to fetch the Maesters? I never known you to turned away roasted beef."

Jessica gave a smiled. "I'm alright father. This is all just...overwhelming."

Viserys gave a nod and set her on his lap. He offered his cup of wine to her, letting her drink her fill.

He had just settled her when the doors were thrown opened again.

Jessica hadn't initially looked up, until she noticed the hall was eerily quite. She dared a glance. Then her whole head rose.

There stood Daemon Targaryen.

Jessica didn't realize that she was standing unil she noticed that both Alicent and Viserys had a hold of each of her wrists.

Alicent had to settle Jessica back in her seat but neither Viserys or Alicent kept her full attention. No her attention kept drifting to the end of the table.

It wasn't long before Leanor invited Rhaenyra to dance and it distracted everyone enough that Jessica could silently slip from her seat and make her way to the end of the table.

Daemon never broke his conversation with Gerold Royce as he deftly sat Jessica on his lap. Once Ser Royce had huffed off, Daemon pressed his forehead to hers.

"Hello My Love." Daemon whispered softly to her.

Jessica pursed her lips. "You were gone far to long."

"I'm sorry Sweetling but I had affairs to deal with in the Vale."

Jessica gave a small nod, looking away.

Daemon reached over and kissed her cheek. "Come on, let me make it up to you." 

Daemon set her down then rose. He descended a few steps before turning back and holding out his hand.

Jessica looked at him the lifted her dress and took Daemon's awaiting hand.

He lead her down the steps and onto the dance floor, sweeping her around and around.

It was pure unbridled joy.

Daemon kept his attention to only her, even though Jessica's gaze shifted.

Daemon gently cupped her cheek, returning her gaze to him. "Believe me, you're the prettiest one here."

Jessica let herself get swept up in the music. In Daemon. Until there was a scream.

Jessica could barely see. What was happening as people began running. In the stampede of people, Jessica and Daemon became separated. Jessica was being pushed and tossed all around the Great Hall.

Time slowed, Jessica could not keep her balance. She was finally knocked down into read and stick liquid.

It was blood.

Staring back at her was Ser Criston Cole. The bruised and bloodied body of Ser Joffrey Lonmouth lay between them.
"Princess." Ser Criston went to help her.

Daemon was faster, scooping her up into his arms. "I don't want you to touch her - ever."

Daemon carried her out of the Great Hall.

Daemon was pacing her chambers while she was bathed and changed. Jessica came out in a white sleeping gown. "Are weddings always this eventful?"

Daemon walked over and knelt in front of her, checking for any bumps and bruises. There were minor ones but nothing anything serious. "Usually they are very dull events.

Jessica narrowed her eyes. "Was your wedding dull?"

"Frightfully."

Jessica pursed her lip. "Will Leanor kiss Nyra?"

Daemon smiled and a chuckle escaped him. "He will."

"Will I one day?"

"Will you what one day Sweet Girl?"

"Kiss someone of course."

There seemed to he a shimmer of something Jessica couldn't pinpoint in Daemon's eyes."If any man is good enough."

Jessica wrapped her arms around his neck. "How will I know?"

Daemon pressed his forehead to hers, his arms around her. "You'll know when a man does this."

Daemon pull one of his hands up and gently held her chin. His head tilted down and his lips met hers.