Chapter 10 - Bathroom Dramas

I woke up a 6 AM this morning. I sat on my bed cross legged, flicking through my twitter, checking up on Instagram and snooping around for some early morning snapchatting. I finally decided it was worth properly waking up, and grabbed a grey knitted skater dress with a white collar and thin black belt, then locked my bedroom door and got dressed out of my purple flannelette PJs. Everyone else in the house was still asleep, so I quietly crept out into the bathroom to apply my makeup. I applied my primer, foundation and concealer, then brushed a bit of blush, highlighter and bronzer across my face. I applied natural eyeshadow with a winged liner and mascara, filled in my eyebrows and finally took out my Rimmel Kate Moss 107 Lipstick. I unwound the lipstick and started wiping it across my lips, when I noticed a little figure reflecting in the mirror. I flicked around.

"Morning" Joe huskily said in what evidently was his morning voice.

"...and how long have you been standing there?" I questioned him while finishing off my lipstick.

"A while" he said.

"So what you're saying is that I'm blind for not spotting you?" I backfired.

"You could say that." He walked over and looked down on me.

"You ready to go the fair?" He moved his hand to my shoulder. I looked to my shoulder then glared back at him.

"Shit" I said, dropping my lipstick making a loud sound as it hit the floor.

"You forgot? Come on Lu, get with the program!" He chuckled, I smiled.

Suddenly, Zoe popped up in the doorframe. I quickly shuffled backwards and Joe's hand fell from my shoulder.

"Program? What program?" She asked eagerly awaiting a response.

Joe and I exchanged glances.

"Um...we're going to the fair today. Wanna come?" I asked Zoe politely.

Joe shot me a piercing glare.

"Eee! Yay! But Louise and Caspar can't come, they're going home today..." She said.

"Yeah. You can come." Joe seemed annoyed that I'd invited Zoe. He backed off and slammed his bedroom door shut behind him.

"Sorry about him. Is that Kate Moss 107? My favourite! Alfie will have to come too. What time are we leaving? 9AM is a good time. Right, I'll see you then!" Zoe asked questions, but answered them herself. We both left the bathroom, and I sat down on the little couch outside my temporary bedroom door. Joe's room was next to mine, and Zoe barged into his room.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing, Zoe? Piss off. Stay out of my life. You might be married to your boyfriend of 7 years, but what am I? I haven't had a decent girlfriend since I was 17. So piss fucking off." I heard Joe shout through the door. What is he talking about girlfriends for? I thought we were just friends.

"I'm helping you! I thought she liked you! What's wrong with a little help, Joseph?!" Zoe snapped back at him, and slammed the door shut, stomping past me and into the Zalfie bedroom.