Chapter 5

"Won't lie, that suit compliments him well." Akali says after she shows me a picture of Y/N in a black suit that's trimmed with a slightly brighter red, "That says something coming from me."

"I won't argue." I say after she pulls her phone away, "But why did you drag me with you to this?"

"Because you know more about interviews than me and I wanted some pointers." She says and I sigh.

"Fine. Let's get this over with then."

Y/N's POV

Two suits and an ungodly amount of clothes later we stop in front of a cell phone store, "I've got to grab something here, I'll meet you in the cafeteria."

"Sure." I say before shrugging my shoulders and continuing to walk.

It's still hard to imagine that I'm within the same vicinity as all the well-off. For the first time since that bullet miraculously ricocheted off my skull I feel like nothing can drag me down from on top of-

"Hey! Watch where you're going!" A man yells before noticing my attire, "How the hell did you even get in here?"

"I'm with a friend." I say before the man shoves me, "The hell's your issue?"

"Plebs like you who think they can lie and get away with it." The man says as a small crowd gathers, "I think it's time I take out the trash."

"You don't want to do this my guy, we can be-" I was saying until he clocks me across my face and I fall to the floor.

"Be what? Reasonable?" He sarcastically asks as I spit out some blood and rub my jaw before popping it back into place.

"Haven't been hit that hard since my freshman year of high school." I mumble before getting up and then into my fighting stance, "Fine. Let's go then."

"Gladly." He says before charging towards me.

Eve's POV

"I'm sure he'll like it." I say after the cashier hands me a bag with the phone and it's accessories.

"Have a good day." The cashier says as I leave.

"We've got a fight between two males that's gotten out of hand." A voice blares from a radio as two security guards run past me.

"Still the same old Y/N." I think to myself as I shake my head and follow the guards, "The real question for me this time is did you start this one, Y/N."

After I break out of my thoughts I see a bruised and bloodied Y/N as he stands over... oh this isn't good.

"Y/N." I say causing all the attention to be directed to me, "Let's go."

"Sure." Y/N calmly says before calmly picking up his tattered shirt off the ground, "No food?"

"We'll discuss that later my dear brawler." I say and he laughs, "First, we need to address your wounds."

"Yeah..." He says trailing off before looking at me, "You remember how right?"

"Of course I do. Especially since it was always me who healed you after these kinds of things." I say and he sighs when we get to the elevator, "I know not to use a potion on you my darling."

"Thanks, Eve." He says with a smile as I press the 'down' button, "Sorry about ruining today."

"Forget about that, let's just get home so I can fix you." I say before taking his hand, "Now all we need to do is watch a movie afterwards and this'll definitely be like before I graduated."

"God, the pain's slowly coming to me." He says leaning on me, "How much longer is this elevator going to take?"

"Just close your eyes and get some rest." I say before the elevator dings and the doors slowly slide open, "I'll carry you to the car since those hyenas should be gone now."

"Thanks, Eve." He says after we get on the elevator and then falling asleep on my shoulder.

"You really are my knucklehead."

Akali's POV two hours later

"She must really be buying the whole mall." I say then hearing Kai'sa giggle from the kitchen, "Really feel bad for the guy."

Ahri walks into the living room looking like a zombie before collapsing on the couch next to me, "I feel like shit."

"You look worse than it." I say and she sighs, "If I knew it would take that long I would've done it alone and winged it."

"Why'd you let me drink the complimentary wine?" She whines before springing back up and running to the bathroom.

"I didn't think you'd drink eight bottles, Ri." I mumble before Kai'sa walks into the living room horrified, "You good?"

"E-Eve and Y-Y/N are b-back." Kai'sa says and I nod, "J-Just in w-worse shape th-than when h-he left."

Before I can ask her to clarify Eve walks in carrying a bruised and bloodied Y/N, "What the hell happened to him?! Did you-"

"No. He did his job." Eve says interrupting me before she starts walking again, "Now if you'll excuse me I need to get him laid down."

"I-I'll get h-him a p-potion." Kai'sa says walking away.

"No!" Eve yells causing Kai'sa to stop and both of us to look at her confused, "I'll get it myself, this isn't the first time I've had to do this for him."

"Makes sense." I say and Eve nods.

"Where's Ahri?" Eve asks before we all hear someone violently throwing up in the bathroom, "Well that answers my question."

Eve starts walking away again and I look at Kai'sa.

"That was weird." I say and Kai'sa nods, "She's so protective of him."

"W-Well it's n-none of o-our business a-anyways." Kai'sa says before her phone starts buzzing, "M-Must be D-Damien."

"Don't let me stop you from answering it." I say and she walks out leaving me alone with Ahri's violent retching, "Spray some damn Febreeze or something, damn!"

"I... ca-" Ahri was saying before she starts hurling up her guts again.

"She never learns."

Here's a chapter earlier than I expected but I've been feeling like absolute crap the past two days until today. Guess I ate something that screwed me up, oh well. That's enough about me but I hope y'all enjoyed the chapter and I'll see y'all in the next one.