Chapter 48

"Get back here!" I yell at the man as he ducks into an alley, "This fight isn't over yet!"

"Yes it is." He coldly says before dropping a canister, "Don't worry yourself, succubus, we'll meet again... soon."

He disappears into the smoke before I use one of my lashers to try and grab him but grab nothing, "Damn it!"

No use in walking all the way back, I look around before using the shadows to disappear.

Akali's POV

"Sorry about being late, traffic was awful." Tryndamere says and the others agree, "Do you know which way he went?"

"Towards Zaun." Eve says after appearing behind them, "Now for my question, what exactly is going on here?"

"We called in some backup." I say and she doesn't seem to like that answer, "Get mad if you want, we're going to look for him."

"Good luck finding him, he's probably blending in well down there." Eve says before disappearing.

"Man, she's really a bitch." Jinx says and I let out a small chuckle, "So I guess we're going back down to Zaun then."

"Looks like it. Just stay on your toes." I say and now Jinx laughs.

"Ain't got to tell me." Jinx says before walking away.

Third POV

The roar of a crowd piques the interest of a man causing him to stop in place and looks at the arena, "Seems like I found somewhere to make some quick money."

The man walks towards the back entrance and slips inside right after four men carry out a body.

"Poor bastard didn't stand a chance." One man says after the group toss the body in a dumpster, "Not like anyone can beat the guy, he's like a god."

"You've clearly never read any mythology, Sammy." Another says before pulling out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter.

Inside the arena, the bloodlust from the fans is at its peak and the last man standing is covered in blood and is basking in the cheers from the crowd before the intercoms quickly beep, "Seems we have last minute entrant."

Everyone looks at the door rising to see a certain Freljordian cracking his knuckles, "You think this'll be a challenge, I'm going to fry him."

The crowd erupts at the statement from the man while Y/N yawns, "What's your name?"

"Huh?" The man asks confused so Y/N sighs.

"Let's get this over with, you're just my tune-up." Y/N says after popping his neck and then rushing towards him.

"Looks like Grim has an eager one tonight, ladies and gentlemen!" The announcer yells right as Y/N goes for a punch.

"Are you powerless or suicidal?" Grim asks dodging the strikes Y/N to which Y/N laughs, "Just crazy, gotcha."

"I just like to get my hands dirty." Y/N says before Grim hits him with a powerful kick to his ribs that sends him into the wall of the arena.

"So much for that fight." Grim says turning his back to the injured Y/N and dusting his shoulders off, "Even the last guy put up more of a fight."

As Grim charges up a powerful flame in the palm of his hand, Y/N spits out some blood and holds the ribs that were kicked as he weakly hops down from the hole in the wall falling onto the ground before standing up and pulling out his bottle of enhancers as he leans against the wall.

Grim turns around and sees that Y/N's disappeared but before he can react he's blindsided by an surprise uppercut that flings him twenty feet up in the air, "Told you I like getting my hands dirty."

"How in the act-" Grim gets cut off by Y/N going above him in the air before then descending back down towards him and curb-stomping his head into the ground so hard it shakes the entire area around the arena and everyone grimaces.

"Probably overdid it with the enhancers in this one unlike when I fought her but it had to be done." Y/N thinks to himself before he tosses his mask down on the ground behind him while he's walking back the way he came into the arena.

"What an amazing upset!" The announcer yells before the crowd erupts in cheers, "The Wandering Stranger somehow not only survived but destroyed Grim. He won in convincing fashion and wins the pot!"

"Son of a bitch, it's him." Akali whispers to herself before standing up, "Talk about a chance encounter."

Meant to update this earlier but I completely forgot and the thought didn't hit me until I was already driving to this car meet and then I forgot about it until the thought hit me again while I was drinking with my friends, well I guess it's better late than never. Hope y'all enjoyed it and I'll see y'all later.