Part 24

On the day of the wedding...

Jimmy started to panic, he calls up Justin.

"Hey, man, what's up?" Justin said as he fixes his shirt.

"I'm so excited but I'm so scared that she might have cold feet." Jimmy said, walking around in his boxers.

"Calm down, you've talked to her about this, right?" Justin confirmed.

"Yeah." Jimmy said, still walking around.

"Just trust her, Jim. She's nothing like her, okay? Mary's not going to leave you." Justin said, holding Jimmy's shoulders calming him down. "Everything will turn out fine."

"Okay, okay." Jimmy said in a more calmer voice.

"Good, Jess needs me. See you later." Justin said and shuts the door.

~

A few moments later, Jimmy peaked out the window from his suite, some of the invited guests were already on the shore, having champagne. He became even more nervous.

Jimmy's mom came into his room.

"Hey, mom." Jimmy said.

"You excited?" She asked.

"Of course, I am mom. You know how I feel about her and the best part is you and dad like her too." Jimmy said.

"Of course, honey, we trust you and we know that you know what's best for you and I think Mary is an amazing woman and she works hard for everything she has." She said, she fixed her son's collar as she continues to tell how lucky Jimmy is to have found Mary.

"I know, Mom. She is really great. Though I think her father doesn't like me that much." Jimmy explained.

"Really? Well, all you can do is to prove that you are a great person by being a great husband to his daughter and I know that your father and I raised you well to know what to do." She said, brushing off dust from her son's coat.

"Thank you, Mom. Really. You are the best." Jimmy said, hugging her Mom tightly.

~

An hour before the ceremony, the place was almost full, they only invited few friends and family members but I guess they all brought plus ones.

Jimmy took his coat and left his room, he went to Justin and Jessica's room. He figured that he forgot something.

"Everything okay?" Jess asked.

"No. I forgot to bring the rings. God damn it. The most important part. I had to forget. I'm screwed." Jimmy said, throwing his coat onto the floor, closing his eyes and messing up his hair.

"Calm down, we'll figure something out." Justin said.

"How? This place is like in the middle of the ocean. How am I gonna get a ring in an hour?" Jimmy asked.

"I know. Borrow your Mom and Dad's ring first..." Jess suggested.

"Oh. Right, okay, that's an excellent idea. Thanks Jess." Jimmy said and with that he left their room.

Jimmy had gone to his parents' room and told them what had happened, they agreed on letting them borrow their rings, they even thought it was a nice thing.

Jimmy ran to his room to fix himself up.

20 minutes.

Someone knocked on the door.

The coordinator gave him Mary's wedding gift for him. He searched for his gift to Mary and switched it with hers.

He opened it and saw that it was a card, a plain one. He opened it and revealed that it had tiny pieces of paper in between them.

I love you because you make me smile

I love you because you smell like fresh fruits

I love you because you trust me

I love you because you would rather stay at home and help me cook than to go out with your friends

I love you because you always make me coffee

I love you because you can tell when I'm sad or not

I love you because you make me a better person

I love you because you eat everything that I cook

I love you because you're a nerd

I love you because even though I always forget to make the bed, you never get mad

I love you because you can do it on the kitchen, the floor, the stairs, the back of our truck, the shower, top of your office table, the backyard, top of our pinball machine. ;)

But in all of these, I know you know why, I love you because you love me and I know you are the one.

I love you with all of me, everything that I have is yours.

You gave me every bit of everything you have.

I love you, James, I'll love you until I can.

(I never had the chance to buy you anything so here's our first printed out picture together when we started going out. This is our only copy so take care of it. I can't wait to marry you, bub)

He didn't notice that he had tears in his eyes as he looked at their photo booth picture. He smiled. He still couldn't believe that this was really happening. He smiled again. He was really lucky to have her.

"Jimmy, it's time." His father said, knocking on the door.

"Be right out." Jimmy shouted.

As soon as he cam out the door, his parents hugged him.

"Mom, my hair." Jimmy joked.

"So, you excited, son?" His father asked.

"I've never been like this since I was accepted at SNL. I think I am even more excited now."

They held each others' hands and walked into the empty hallway with big smiles on their faces.

-----------

Update....

Jimmy is so good looking, it kinda hurts sometimes knowing that I can never talk to the guy...

Ugh.

😪