Part 31

Mary's POV

I've seen her in a couple of magazines before when an article was about me and Jimmy. They dug up these past relationships of him. I knew it was her, how can I ever forget what she looked like?

"Kate, what the hell are you doing here?" Jimmy said, close to screaming.

"I'm sorry, I know it's been a long time but, I have to tell you something." She said.

"What is it?" I knew by the tone of his voice that he is angry.

Then she looked at me, like she doesn't want me to be there.

"What? She's my wife and whatever it is you're gonna tell me, she has to hear it." Jimmy said as he took my arms.

"Okay..." Kate said. "Your son wants to meet you."

Then all of a sudden without any explanation, I started to feel dizzy but was standing still. What the hell did she just say?

"What? What son? I don't have a son!" Jimmy said.

"Yes you do. His name's Kevin. I didn't know I was pregnant when I ran away from our wedding. I kept him away from you but now that he's all grown up, he wants to meet you." She said rapidly like I wasn't even there.

"This is crazy." Jimmy said and turned to me. "I didn't know what she's talking about."

Then I blacked out.

~

I woke up with bright lights, hospital lights.

"Hey, hey, honey, you feeling okay?" Jimmy said softly.

"Yeah, what happened?" I asked.

"You fainted." Jimmy said.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"Oh, uh, I asked her to fuck off." Jimmy said. "If it wasn't for her, you wouldnt end up here."

"Is our baby okay?" I bolted right up.

"Calm down, our angel's fine." He said.

I want to be angry even though I have no reason to be. If what she's stating is true, Jimmy had no idea he had a son and he's not to blame. I just can't be still. I'm overthinking things. What if he really has a son and he ends up spending more time with him than with me? What if he falls in love with Kate again, after all she's his first love and they almost got married.

"Mary? Honey? Are you all right?" I was awaken by Jimmy's voice.

"Yeah. I was just thinking." Words just slipped out of my mouth.

"About what?" He said, he combed my hair gently and it made me calm down.

"Nothing." I lied.

"Look, I got shocked too okay? I'm in shock still right now. I don't know how to react. I mean, I have a 17-year old son out there for so long and I didn't even knew about it." He started to sweat.

"You should see him." Was all that I could say.

"You should come with me." He suggested.

"No, you need time alone with him. You didn't even know him until today." I said. I don't know what to feel.

"Are you sure?" He asked me.

"Yeah." I lied again. Suddenly, I felt jealous.

He kissed my forehead. "Okay, okay. Go get some rest. I'll call up Jack and ask where to find Kate."

"Okay." I said as I dozed off to sleep.

~

I gently blinked my eyes. I searched for Jimmy and he was sleeping at the couch. I walked towards him and sat on the space left in the couch.