Part 27

A month after...

"Mmm, that smells great." Jimmy said as continues to walk towards Mary who was cooking breakfast.

"You're up early." She commented. "What time's your show rehearsal?"

"I couldn't resist your cooking, you know that. Uh, probably 1 pm." He hugged her from the back, Mary tilted her head to the right so that Jimmy could kiss her neck. She liked it when he does that.

"Maybe you could drop me off the restaurant later before you go to work?" She asked.

"Of course. Anything for my wife." Jimmy said.

"Meh! Maybe after a year you won't be as sweet as right now." She said.

"What? Come here." He pulled her closer to him. "We will have our ups and downs, you know that, but I will love you more and more each day, Mary."

"I will too, Jimmy, I guess I'm still afraid that this is all just a dream and I know you might not understand this. If this is a dream, don't wake me up." She said, hugging him.

He cupped her face and looked deep into her eyes. "Are you kidding me? I'm the one who's dreaming. An amazing woman like you ends up with me? But honey, this is real. I am the luckiest guy in the world. I would never do anything to hurt you."

"I love you, Jimmy." She whispered as she caresses his back.

"I love YOU, babe, I'm so in love with you." He said and hugged her even tighter, smelling her hair as he closes his eyes.

~

Jimmy got back to The Tonight Show after a month of hiatus. It was their fifth year anniversary episode. Jimmy was so pumped up and excited.

"Sup, Man? How's Mary?" Seth asked.

"She's doing great. We're still on our honeymoon hangover so yeah." Jimmy responded.

"That's great, man. I'm so happy for you guys." Seth said and softly patted Jimmy's back.

"Thanks, man. 'ppreciate it."

~

"This day's going great!" Jimmy shouted out since he was in his room alone.

Jimmy spent his 30-minute break by calling Mary for 5 minutes and playing Sims on his laptop when someone called.

"Hey, Jim, it's Drew!!!" The lady said.

"Drew? Damn! Such a long time. How are you?" Jimmy stood up in excitement as he continued to talk to a long time friend.

"I'm thinking about getting you for my directing debut, what do you think?" She asked.

Jimmy stopped for a while. He hadn't done a film in almost a decade. It's always been talk shows since then. Plus, he's not sure about his schedule. "That's surprising....uh, I'm not sure, pal."

"Oh, come on! You're going to be fine." Drew said.

"I want to but I'm not sure." Jimmy said feeling a little anxious.

"Oh, Jim! Let's be spontaneous once again like before! Yes or no?" Drew said.

Jimmy thought about it hard. He honestly wants to do a film again, plus, it's for his friend. "Okay, let's do it." Jimmy said with a smile on his face.

"Great! This is great! Okay! I'll come by tomorrow to talk! See yah!" Drew said and ended the call.

"Wooh!" Jimmy slammed into his chair and let a large breath out. His heart beat was faster but he was happy about agreeing with Drew.

~

Jimmy went home happy that night.

"Honey! I'm home." Jimmy shouted as he successfully tosses his keys into the vase.

"How's work?" Mary asked, taking off Jimmy's tie.

Jimmy held both of her shoulders. "I am about to make a film again!"

"Wow! That's great! Wow!" Mary said. She was in shock.

"I know!! I mean, I have been doing skits and talk talk talk, I guess I just missed acting for a movie you know? Aah! I am so happy, I can't explain it! This day is amazing! I don't think It can get any better than this." Jimmy said, still smiling.

Mary felt frightened to tell Jimmy. Does he want to or not? She wasn't sure if he'll be happy or scared by this. So she took a deep breath and prayed that he wouldn't be scared. "Jimmy.....I'm pregnant."

~

Damn it.

My phone's broken.

Ugh! I hate that I always break things. I just don't know anymore.

😪